Uninstall Microsoft .NET Framework

aaaheavy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2001
I have just installed Windows 2000 OS on an IBM A30 P3 Laptop.

The laptop had a factory ver of WIN 98 installed on it before, with the recovery partition and software. I reformatted and removed all that, so I could have full use of the small 20G hard drive.

I had no problems with the clean install of Win 2000. BUT, I now have three (3) yellow question marks in the device manager that I can't get straightened out. I have installed all drivers that I can find for the Laptop at the IBM/Lenovo website. The 3 items in question are, 2 PCI Device, and 1 UnKnown Device. It begs for these at every boot up.

I cannot find any PCI drivers anywhere (not even on the IBM/Lenovo website,) and I have no idea what the UnKnown Device is.

I have searched the hard drive, the Win 2000 CD, and everyplace else that I can find, to search, to fix these yellow question marks in Device Manager.

My main concern:

I can run all drivers from the IBM/Lenovo website directly to the laptop, but I have to load the MS .NET Framework to do so. I would like to know if I can UnInstall this beast (without all the geeky hoorah,) after I get all my drivers from the site. I only have a 20G HD and I know that this download (MS .NET Framework) is hugh!

This laptop is going to be used while on a trip. 8)

Any input would be helpful.

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
You may want to search MS Knowledge base on Net install & Uninstall.

Missing drivers are always a problem with upgrades.

mikeyp410

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Your problem is most likely the win2k. The driver support for that OS is minimal. Try putting xp pro on it. that will solve all your issues. Same system but 500 times better. Also a HUGE driver database.

mikeyp410

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I can run all drivers from the IBM/Lenovo website directly to the laptop, but I have to load the MS .NET Framework to do so. I would like to know if I can UnInstall this beast (without all the geeky hoorah,) after I get all my drivers from the site. I only have a 20G HD and I know that this download (MS .NET Framework) is hugh!

I think I have seen this before in add remove programs, you can uninstall it there. Also there is a freeware that might help removing it called CCLeaner. Check into it.