Questions about Dell's Laptop reliability.

Listher

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
Hi! I'm looking to buy a new laptop (which will be my first one). There is currently quite a good deal for Dell's Inspiron 6400

http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=ca&CS=CADHS1&fb=1&l=fr&OC=OCINSP6402_FEAT_F1

The only thing I am a bit afraid is that I'm wondering if Dell's really reliable and if they make good laptops.

So could anyone please tell me if they can be trustable for a good laptop? I don't need a powerhouse, just a good laptop for university (yes my budget is limited) and maybe to play some "medium" games.

I also saw this one:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2108768&Sku=G153-MX7118

But I judged the Dell one is a better deal especially for the 1 gig of Ram

Anyother advices or recommandation of laptops I could buy? I know quite a bit about desktops, but I am a total newbie regarding the laptops!

Thanks a lot!

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
This says it all:
DELL laptop explodes into flames!
dell%20banger1.jpg

HardWareBoss

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2003
Buying a new latop. You want Widescreen. Plus Brightview or whatever they call it for the brand you choose. I bought a Compaq last July. 14' widescreen plus the brightview is what Compaq calls it. Great for viewing. What is your price range?

Listher

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
I actually already bought it, I didn't have much feedback from this thread so I just went in for the Dell Inspiron 6400 which seems to be a nice machine at a decent price.

I gotta say there was an article on Tom's Hardware (yeah I think it's on this site) about the editor for the mobile section buying it and being satisfied, along with a several good comments throughout the internet.

The inspiron seems to have a Widescreen along with the True Life thing which gotta some kind of brightview :)

Along with some options it cost my 1440 total.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I have had some customers put the BETA on their machines and said that the drivers weren't there yet. He said he looked all over for AMD Cool and Quiet and couldn't find it and tried running it without it.
The Turion ran at 2.2 GHz the entire time and got too hot.

lawrence 1995

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
i have had six dells now and never had any problems with them i think they are great i use mine every day all day and they never seem to go wrong for me so i would recommend a dell to anyone that asks.