HP DV1000T Laptop Features Intel's New GMA 950 Graphics Processor

bgerber

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
MobilityGuru takes its first look at a mobile computer with Intel's GMA 950 integrated graphics processor, HP's Core Duo DV1000T laptop. How does the GMA 950 compare with the older GMA 900 technology? And, what's the DV1000T like?

sojrner

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
I only have one thought here:

If consumers can't get the patch yet, then why are you testing w/ it? Why should intel/m$/hp etc... get the benefit of having good batt life #s when in reality the consumer buying that laptop would never see that?

I am an avid Tom's reader (for many years), and commend you guys for finding that usb "glitch"... but if all we have is a "promise" that the patch will be released, then until it IS released all laptops should be tested sans-patch. This could then give more of a "push" for the patch to be released. History has proven that as long as the product is perceived as good it will be released w/ no change while the $ is rolling in. If it seen as bad (which the low benchmark scores would certainly make that happen) then the powers that be would crack down and make it better. (ie: release the patch)

my 2 bits, take it for what it's worth... I was going to get a laptop soon, but since that issue w/ the usb in windows, I will not touch one until it is resolved... for good.

fteoOpty64

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
Intel's IGP graphics?. What an excuse of a video card. This thing is a dog, its not projector friendly. My machine BSOD 3 times in customer premises while I was going to do an important presentation!.

It cannot detect external panel or project VGA properly. Either BSOD or badly configured the output. I used to have Radeon Mobility X700 which was nice, Fast and flexibile. Can even change to portrait model with LCD panel tilted. Now I am stuck with this stupid IGP stuff which cannot work half the time.

Oh, get this, the office replaced the hardware with a new one. HP nc6220 and when I got home, there was nothing on the panel. It just wanted external display!. So I plugged in a VGA mon, then fall-back the drivers to the older version ust to get this lousy laptop working!. So, here it is Intel video drivers. Crap 2. I am staying away. Shopping for a Turion with Mobility or Gforce Go video. Intel CPU is bad enough. Their video, worse!. (Or was it that ATI and Nvidia are really good). Either way, it does not matter. Quality means quality, period.