Averatec??

DewMop

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[/b]Anybody know anything about Averatec? I'm looking at their Turion's, cheap and inexpensive. Sure, the brand isn't all that good, but are they THAT bad? (for the price...)

blue68f100

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2005
I have a 6130HS. The biggest problem with Averatec is the Tech/Customer support. The only thing they know is " Send it in and will check it out". Or use the system resore to fix a software driver issue. Bad Advise. They make a good unit for the low low price. Here is a link to Averatec Unofficial forum. http://www.averatecforums.com/index.php Check to see what kind of problems it is having. Also www.notebookreviews.com .The service nightmare are true. But they do some right. Mine went in for a cracked LCD under warranty, 5 weeks. A month later the case was cracked around the screws for the LCD Hinge, they failed to tighten. Out of warranty Now. Did cover the repair under warranty, 3 weeks. I needed a BIOS file and they wouldn't send it to me. Found another user to send it to me. A lot of the models have overheating problems, related to cheap thermal paste. Home repair 30 min, $7.00. I have friends that have them, never a problem. The Ralink 11g cards are junk, a range of line of site 15' with drops. An updated driver fixed the drops, but not the range.

I hope this helps. I use mine a average of 10hr/day.