Is The World's Smallest Windows XP Computer For You?

bgerber

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
OQO's Model 01 is an impressive pintsize mobile computer. A little larger than a deck of playing cards, it runs standard versions of Windows XP Home, Pro and Tablet PC and is elegantly designed. But all is not well in tiny land. The Model 01 has some serious faults that limit its utility as either a portable or a stationary Windows computer.

thomasxstewart

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
8O 35 YEARS, fROM tIMEX sINCLAIR PERFECTION.cAN iT PROGRAM IN BASIC? OF COURSE i CAN.Shows that technolgy was in need of software which was in need of hardware & now finally works on that level correctly.Will it do SLI?Signed:pHYSICIAN THOMAS STEWART VON DRASHEK M.D.

sledgehammer70

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2005
I think this device has a good chance in todays world, with people wanting smaller more mobil laptops, this bad boy can provide laptop features in the size of a PDA... Now the price is a bit much and I could see that being the main issue, but if they could hit a $600-$800 price point this item could be a very nice item to have for everyday use.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
I think this device has a good chance in todays world, with people wanting smaller more mobil laptops, this bad boy can provide laptop features in the size of a PDA... Now the price is a bit much and I could see that being the main issue, but if they could hit a $600-$800 price point this item could be a very nice item to have for everyday use.

If they manage to hit $600-$800 price point then it could probably also be a worthy Digital Media Player contender, what with the 800x480, 5" screen and all. Take that, you crappy low-res, tiny-screened iPod video!

If the hard drive can be replaced for something bigger (and the price driven down), then this beast should be a killer DMP.

LordOfThePigs

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
If only they would produce devices that were as perfect as the Psion Revo and Psion Series5, but just pumped up with today technology it would just be beautiful.

really, this is probably exactly what this particular computer tries to be, a full pocket sized computer with a touch screen and full keyboard that can fit in your pocket

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psion_Revo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psion_Series_5

I've been waiting for such a device for years now (to replace my Revo with dead batteries, that is...)