Sound card opinions, Echo Layla vs M-Audio Delta

G

Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?)

So I'm looking at picking up a new sound card for my setup, it's time to
go multi-channel. The two cards I'm most interested in are a M-Audio
Delta 1010 and an Echo Audio Layla 3G. I've used both Echo and M-Audio
programs before and like their drivers and interface. Both have all the
features I'd need, though the Layla is marginally more attractive as it
has optical inputs and thus I don't need to use a converter for my
sampler, but it's not a big deal. They seem to come in at about the same
price these days.

So, has anyone worked with both cards and have an opinion on sound
quality, either subjective or objective?

Also, anyone have any other cards that are similar that you think I
ought to take a look at before committing? I'm interested in 6 analouge
i/o minimum and at least 1 S/PDIF i/o.

Thanks,

--Sycraft

wiz_79

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
I have use both the M-Audio and the Echo gear both under widows and Linux hands down Echo smokes M-Audio. if you listen to both Echo and M-Audio gear without thinking about their marketing and refuse to let the power of suggestion creep in I think at the end of the day you will realize that most of us have been using our skills with VST.s and mastering to keep M-audio in this discussion in reality M-audio is pretty much middle of the road gear pound for pound a $25.00 Behringer UCA202 U-Control produces cleaner sound than most M-Audio gear..

wiz_79

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
I have use both the M-Audio and the Echo gear both under widows and Linux hands down Echo smokes M-Audio. if you listen to both Echo and M-Audio gear without thinking about their marketing and refuse to let the power of suggestion creep in I think at the end of the day you will realize that most of us have been using our skills with VST.s and mastering to keep M-audio in this discussion in reality M-audio is pretty much middle of the road gear pound for pound a $25.00 Behringer UCA202 U-Control produces cleaner sound than most M-Audio gear..