Dos installation disk?

G

I have a HP vectra LS/12 286 and the HD is completely clean. I'd like to install Dos onto the HD. There is a 3.5 floppy drive, but I need the dos installation disks. Can anyone send me the installation files so that I can put them on disk and install it. I was thinking dos 6.22, but what ever you have is better than nothing.

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sure, while I'm at it, I'll send you AutoCAD 2000, Adobe Photoshop 6, and MS Office 2000.

You have to pay for this stuff, otherwise you go to jail.

But I must say you have serious nads to post here seeing as how you don't know anything about the people here or who is reading this.

G

Just posting a simple question. No harm in asking. I have Dos 6.22 on my PC. I OWN it. Which means Its mine. In other words I paid for it. I just don't have the disks anymore and can't figure out how to make an installation disk of it to use on my other PC that I also OWN. So, calm down and keep your pants on BUBBA.

G

So BUBBA!!! Where do you suggest that someone can buy something as out of date as dos 6.22? Kick out your suggestions to me. I want to here it.

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
A computer show comes to my town once a month.
http://www.marketpro.com/
They frequently have older software and it is extremely cheap and you don't run the risk of getting busted.
Also, you can try EBay, I'm sure someone is trying to make a buck off of their old software that they no longer use.

I'm not trying to get on your case or piss you off.
Sorry if I did.
It just seemed like a very strange and unreasonable request.
I think I have the original DOS 6.22 and the disks.
I'd sell it to you for $1, but I wouldn't give it to you, we could both get nailed.

G

If you are making money of it then that is really illegal. and if someone at a computer show is selling copies of it then they might not have rights to sell it either. It isn't on the market anymore. I'm not pissed off.

G

have yuo tried making a bootdisk on yuor other pc just do a format a: /s/q and copy format.com to the disk. Boot from the disk and format your hd. then copy all the dos files to yuor hd.
And mannually make the changes you have to make to your autoexec and config.sys files.. use memmaker to optimize your memory and ready you are ...

Hey man i dont know .. i just think i do !!

G

Hey Bubba
While you are giving stuff away, can I have Fractal RayDream Studio 7?, Always wanted to have a look at that, If you havent got it them 3D Studio Max will do fine

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Not the first one, but I do have the 3D Studio Max.
But it'll cost ya $$$$$$$$$$$
hehehe
:smile:

I ain't seen a beating like that since somebody stuck a banana in my pants and turned a monkey loose

rayparrish

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
Just posting a simple question. No harm in asking. I have Dos 6.22 on my PC. I OWN it. Which means Its mine. In other words I paid for it. I just don't have the disks anymore and can't figure out how to make an installation disk of it to use on my other PC that I also OWN.

I agree with the other poster that recommended you just use the native dos commands to make the hard drive in the other computer bootable with DOS. It's a very easy process, just copy the format command to a floppy that you have ran the command "sys a:" on first, then copy sys.com to the floppy, and you will be able to boot from the floppy on the other computer. Use the floppy to format it's hard drive, then run "sys C:" to make the hard drive bootable.

After those steps it's a simple matter of creating a C:\dos directory on the hard drive to copy all of the dos files from the old computer into, and you're just about all set!

You will also have to create new autoexec.bat and config.sys files on the other computer to allow for the use of your cd rom drive if any, and start drivers for your sound card and any other special hardware it has.

Now, just to hack off the anti piracy nazis, that were responding indignantly to this thread before, this is the method I used to get my first copy of Windows 3.1 from my mother's computer when it first came out. :ange: Worked like a charm, and only took around 10 floppies to accomplish.

Later, Ray Parrish

bhowell

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
Buy a technet subscription. Dos 6.22 is up there. Many other apps too and it is LEGAL!

www.microsoft.com/technet