Chrome OS Headed to Smartphones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamnet

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
Absolutely. Basically, Google is taking a page from the Apple's playbook. It is taking a Desktop OS to the mobile platform (as OSX to iPhone). The only difference this time is that the Desktop OS has not be an established platform yet. The future of networked computing is likely be the mobile platform. It is a natural move to conquer the mobile market to exert a greater influence in the future market.

G

Its a move to Mis-balance, Apple & MS direction and investment strategy into the next area of mobile computing. Google has many options at its disposal and its betting on many options to converge into one. The facts are that both chrome and android will merge at the end to compete with MS next mobile product. Apple, MS and Google are the only mobile computing titans in the next 2 years once the phones get beefier and the networks can push faster content. But the bottleneck will be pushing more users to the next level of mobile computing where a lot of this new stuff will not be as attractive as the novel iphone was, when it first got out. Apple is also banking on a new platform, but they are restricted a lot more since the iphone is the de facto standard and they can't leave all the iphones out in the cold with a completely new system not backwards compatible with older hardware. In 2 years the iphone will not be first anymore. Its in the crystal ball.

Niva

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
It's a shiny chromed up android allright! I do wonder if this had anything to do with the legal dispute over the Android trademark? I don't think so but who knows...

G

What an exciting time! The next few years are going to be great for fans of mobile/smartphones. Vive le competition!

shameless plug alert for my new HTC forum in 3..2..1..

HTC phone reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.