What is the best way to learn Premiere

Oilybohunk

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2001
As with all Adobe programs, I'm finding Premiere very difficult to learn. Admittedly, I have a lot to learn about video editing itself, but I have generally been successful in learning by doing. Unfortunately, the intricacies of Premiere and many aspects of video editing have me scratching my head. Are there any good computer-based training programs available for Premiere and/or video editing? I'm reading a book on Premiere, but I realize I need to fully understand the terminology and basics of video editing to fully comprehend the instructions within the book.

I am learning this purely as a hobby, but I would like to understand my hobby and enjoy it. I would appreciate any guidance you can provide.

JCC

<font color=purple> I doubt, therefore I might be </font color=purple>

G

With every official copy of Adobe Premier you get a book and traning CD.
Try them ;)

Intel / AMD - <A HREF="http://www.llnl.gov/asci/news/white_news.html" target="_new">IBM are still the best</A>

Oilybohunk

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2001
Well, now you just have me scared. I purchased my copy from an online auction, and these were not included. It came in a Premiere shrink-wrapped box, and it appears to be authentic. However, after reading you response, I ran the install again, and I noticed there is an option to install something from Pinnacle. Unfortunately, I now think I have a copy someone got with their video card.

Oh well, until I get out for new official copy, any other suggestions.

No wonder it was so cheap.

JCC

<font color=purple> I doubt, therefore I might be </font color=purple>

G

My copies also shrink warapped all caame with a book and a traning CD.
Maybe Adobe didn't included it on all packeges. (the cd).
There are meany book's and traning packeges for Photoshop lying around. Just do a search on Amazon.

the Pinnacle program included with Photoshop is used to make titles for your video's.
It's working good but have a stupid user interface.

Intel / AMD - <A HREF="http://www.llnl.gov/asci/news/white_news.html" target="_new">IBM are still the best</A>

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
Maybe your Nearby Library has a Adobe Premiere for Dummies.. or a Book about Premiere something like that...

Once you go AMD, You never Go back!!

G

I liked Adobe's "classroom in a book" for Premiere. Good explanations and exercises.
-jamie