Apple Shoots Down Obama's Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisisavatar

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Instead of HOPE it should read, TAXED or SUXTOBEU or KENYAN or NOHOPE or LEFTY. LOL Nice going apple good choice! Hurry up 2012 and get this guy out of office get us back on the right track![/citation]
You got that right, idiot and friends.

G

What hope is there, when he just raised the totalamerican debt with over 3 trillion dollars (and still rising) in one day?

That's a common debt of $250.000 per person living in the USA! When are we going to pay that back?
Europe is already paying back! They have raised the taxes to 21,5% or higher; but lowering taxes will only work to get re-elected the first 4 years, after which they will need a gigantic boost!

Barak may be a great guy in person, I have nothing against him in person, and I'm sure he honestly tries to come up with solutions, but so far many of the decisions he made makes one question; who has higher moral, the president of a nation, or some of it's people?

I know for sure something must be wrong, when someone all of a sudden gets the idea to 'borrow' 3 trillion dollars (which took USA about 30 years to get into the first 3 trillion dollars of debt), and gives it to motor vehicle industries (which is non constitutional), to save them, instead all guys at the top of the chain all of a sudden get $+240.000 bonuses,and GM declares bankrupt only 3 months later?
Is that just a gigantic waste of money or what?

He did well in getting the troops out of Iraq. Let the Irakees kill eachother. If they hate America so badly, then let them be killed by their own 'taliban' brothers instead!
That terrorist organisation that have the urge to bring the world to the worst possible condition ever, under their terrorist and murderous rule; that buys weapons from USA to only later try to use them against USA...

Anyways, Obama is a symbol for the times,has done some great things, but not knowing, he's also destroying the economy very badly, and at a rapid rate!

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]Let the Irakees kill eachother. If they hate America so badly, then let them be killed by their own 'taliban' brothers instead![/citation]
Uh, the author's views are his own on this one, and don't represent the sentiments of all Tom's readers :p

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
ProDigit80, you forfeit any rights to criticize anyone when you spell Iraqi as Irakee and think the Taliban are even part of that. You must be related to that Ms. South Carolina chick.

SamanuelMC

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Politics aside this is just more fuel for the open source android fire. Clearly Apple is not capable of making good decisions, whether it be about shaking babies or a subliminal political message.

G

Go Apple! Obama's face is offensive to me. He said that he wouldn't raise taxes on 95% of Americans but now he's considering it. If that's not lying I don't know what is.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
I know I'll get flamed, but Apple has finally earned a respect point from me. :)

I'm wondering if their whole problem is literally the fact that it is an Obama picture.

And by the way, to the author of this article, great journalism. Way to go with stuffing this article full of your personal political agenda. LOL At least we know you're a huge Obama fan though. :)

tehfluent

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
I ask all of you who think that Apple was in the right on this move, what would your response have been had Apple denied an application including a picture depicting former President George W. Bush. The obvious, and certainly the correct assumption would be that it was the work of those damn high strung left-wing extremist, media yuppies who do nothing but promote their own well being.

./sarcasm

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
First of all I am not American, but come on guys since when does a hardware and software company ever intervened so much to what users can or cannot download.

If a similar poster Bush Jr/photo in white red blue/BRILLIANCE was to be available should be allowed. Users should be able to express their selves the way they want. Apple is flirting with fascism lately and I feel sorry to have bought many Apple products...

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]jerreece[/nom]And by the way, to the author of this article, great journalism. Way to go with stuffing this article full of your personal political agenda. LOL At least we know you're a huge Obama fan though.[/citation]Unfortunetely this is par for the course. He usually masks it better, but Apple rejecting the image of his Messiah put him over the edge.

elbert

Distinguished
I agree with Apple. Why on earth should an app be for sale to display pics? Its not like you cant jump on safari and look at any image you wish. If they want to display art let them make a site. If their wanting to sale the art let them charge for burning to CD.

I'm sure someone using safari has read this and seen the image already.

SDLeary

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
Unless its been settled, and I didn't hear about it (a possibility), then the poster and artist are currently locked in a copyright infringement suit. Until that is settled, I don't see any corporate entity allowing this poster in their "stores".

SDL

Status
Not open for further replies.