10 Ways to Customize Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Yes, but why this article so late, and just before the Win8 launch?

Sorry if this double posts, it's that bug in TG where if you don't login first, even if you login after submitting the comment it doesn't show up. To top it off, TG doesn't have the same comment editing feature as TH, because of the webmaster's laziness.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
The fact that this article does not include RainMeter is an outright sin. You want subtle? You want outrageous? You want flexibility? You want a set of themes with a large user and developer base? You want it FREE?

I can't believe Tom's would post such a laughable article on desktop customization. Seriously. >.>

www.RainMeter.net

G

I guess I could see the point of this article as, 'instead of using Win8, change up your Win7'. I also agree that the content is rather lackluster; most should be common knowledge to many Toms' readers. But I'll throw in my own customization:
In the Window Color and Appearance (in the Control Panel or found under 'Windows Color' in the desktop 'Personalize' menu), I always adjust the Border Padding to 0, and reduce the {,In}Active Title Bar sizes. Or adjust sizes/fonts/colors/etc for any number of the items there.

Status
Not open for further replies.