Doom Resurrection Heading to iPhone/Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

megamanx00

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Not bad for an iphone app. It's doom with no keyboard or mouse, or buttons for that matter. I guess if you look at it from a mobile perspective this game shows that it can be a useful little game platform so it isn't too bad next to the DS (after all the iphone 3G will be less than $100 now). So decent, possibly fun games can be made for it. The hard part, getting those games approved by the Apple App Nazis :D.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
[citation][nom]the_one111[/nom]“It’s a real game platform, not a tiny little toy.”What planet are you from?[/citation]
Mars?

apache_lives

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2002
its amazing how well the iphone (and similar apple products) has done considering - certainly knocked the other phone companies off there lazy asses.

Im so glad im not stuck with only java based apps like most other phones - that was like the stone ages for phones.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
I have the original ported Doom on my iPhone and the game play needs a bit of work. You have to tilt the phone forward to walk(which ends up running at full speed most of the time) and you turn by hitting 2 arrow buttons at either side of the screen and above the arrows are the buttons to shoot.. There is no way to move back and no method to strafe.. Its not a very intuitive method of playing the game and Ive really only started it up a few times to show other people it exists.. i hope this new version is more fun to play.. but they better have a 'Lite' version for free because Im not paying for the game to find out it blows chucks like the original port.

lifelesspoet

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2009
That is until some Apple intern denies that app because it has the word hell in it only to have it unblocked after public controversy. Which really means an executive found out how much money could be made by selling a popular game franchise from Id.

cracklint

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2008
Why am I not excited about this? Oh yeah.. because it's stupid. ID shouldn't waste their time and resources on such a small platform.

midnightgun

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2007
[citation][nom]cracklint[/nom]Why am I not excited about this? Oh yeah.. because it's stupid. ID shouldn't waste their time and resources on such a small platform.[/citation]

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.