How To: Video Editing with Handbrake

Status
Not open for further replies.

oatmeal25

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2011
ddduffy is right. Also could be titled "ripping" and there is no mention of how to get around DVD copy protection. Without that there's no way to convert DVDs you own into files you can watch on your ultrabook, tablet or smartphone.

An article detailing how to transcode files would be helpful too. Some devices have issues depending on the options you select when ripping a video.

zebzz

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
Also abn article on creating a secure video streaming service from home to pc, tablet or phone. I have a service on my HP media server but only support MP4 in alimited state, would like it to MP4, AVI and MKV files.

zebzz

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2006
[citation][nom]zebzz[/nom]Also an article on creating a secure video streaming service from home to pc, tablet or phone. I have a service on my HP media server but only support MP4 in alimited state, would like it to MP4, AVI and MKV files.[/citation]

joebakb

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I'd be interested more in the detailed video settings. I've spent a lot of time tweaking them to get them to my liking...more time than I would have liked to spend (video file size vs quality vs most compatible container)

Also, maybe a link to some good presets would be nice.

ice_melted

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
I always just rip with DVDfab then use Handbrake to rip a whole batch. Everything you tweak in the GUI can be set as a command line option. This works great for ripping my TV series so that I can take them with me to the gym on my Transformer Prime. Also Dice Player is the best one I found that handles vobsub subtitles (which is what most DVDs use).

Status
Not open for further replies.