Best editing software for PC

G

Sorry to be hogging the boards here lately. I'll stop soon.

I'm sure everyone has their own opinion, that's kind've what I'm looking for, but what is the BEST editing software for a PC, and does it require an additional PCI or internal card? I've been struggling with whether to buy a MAC so I can get Final Cut Pro. People in MAC forums seem a little bias...so again, any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

G

The Best is Edit! from discreet.
It require a professional grade NLE card like Matrox DigiSuite or Pinnacle T3K.
You might want to look at InSync Speed Razor and Fast StudioDV as they are better then Premier.
Still most cards will not work with more then one or two editing programs.

It depend on what exactly you are planing to do and your budget.

Intel / AMD - <A HREF="http://www.llnl.gov/asci/news/white_news.html" target="_new">IBM are still the best</A>

G

Depends on your budget, like most things I guess!

I've just bought a Pinnacle ProOne card, which comes the Adobe Premiere 6. I've used Premiere now for >2 years, previously with a Pinnacle DC30 card, and it's great. Has all I need and is easy to use.

<b><i>Mervin</i></b>

FiL

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2002
i'd recommend premier 6.0 too, it's easy to use and has enough functionality for most tasks....

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
i've only tried the demo of it, it was pretty quick to pick up on. vegas video from sonic foundry. if i already didn't have a setup going, i'd definitely pick up that app, very nice.

I run duals because i multitask between notepad, outlook express and winamp :lol:

NurseMSIC

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
I've been using Premiere 6 for a year now, and before that only had brief exposure to cheap programs (Pinnacle StudioDV, iMovie etc). I would say that within a day of using it i was able to 'edit', but every week still i realise either a better way of doing something or a function i didnt know was there.
It's "easy" to use, but deep, oh so deep ...

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by nursemsic on 04/11/02 04:45 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Pinnacle DV 500 plus or Pinacle Pro One if you have the money for.
(including Adobe Premier 6.0 software)

there is also the Matrox RT2500.
(also including Adobe Premier 6.0 software)

<i>if <b>you know</b> <font color=white>you don't know<font color=black>, the way could be more easy ...