seanmcne

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am currently working for a small company that is in need of a new faxing software to put on their 6 pc's. They are currently networked and all share an internet connection. My boss would like software that could fax through the internet connection so he does not need to connect each individual computer to a phone line for faxing. Is there such a software that faxes through a phone gateway? Can anybody help me a little bit??? Thank you!!

Lucol

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yes there is, and there are actually quite a bit of choices available. There are two that dominate the market, Optus FACSys and Rightfax. FACSys being the leader if I'm not mistaken. It's not too expensive in my opinion, and it can integrate with Exchange or just about any other messaging software you may have, so you can send faxes through your mail client, or if you want, through the desktop client that comes with it. You basically print to a printer created when installing the client. You could use a regular modem, or get a specialized fax board with multiple ports, like boards from Brooktrout or Dialogic, but there are others that are supported too. If you'd like more info regarding this type of software, go to www.facsys.com.