Professional Model Scouts : how do they make a living?

G

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

A model agency said they have several professional scouts. How do the
scouts make money?

They get a percentage of the agencies fee for a model right? So lets
say an scout has a great model and introduced them to the agency and
the agency uses the model for a job. Probably the first job they agency
will use the model is for a peanuts salary, they give the scout
practically nothing and thereafter, well, they have the models contact
details and can cut out the middle man, right?

So how could anybody make a living as a model scout? What do they do?

G

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

n <total_utter_carp@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A model agency said they have several professional scouts. How do the
> scouts make money?
>
> They get a percentage of the agencies fee for a model right? So lets say
> an scout has a great model and introduced them to the agency and the
> agency uses the model for a job. Probably the first job they agency will
> use the model is for a peanuts salary, they give the scout practically
> nothing and thereafter, well, they have the models contact details and can
> cut out the middle man, right?
>
> So how could anybody make a living as a model scout? What do they do?

<http://www.modelingscams.org/modelscouts.html>

adaxx

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Hi my name is Adam McKay, I am a modeling scout what we do is simple we go out and find models we basically bring the business we are representing to the models because sometimes connections are hard to make either the model doesn't know of any opportunities that the said company provides or the company doesn't know of the model. We technically are the middle men but we do the job of connecting models and modeling agencies worldwide. We realize as modeling scouts that the payouts are not going to be huge all the time but indeed you can make a big commission it depends on the companies wants for instance I work for Osterfeld Industries we are a adult based modeling industry which means that we have the company Osterfeld the people who keep Osterfeld running(accountants, lawyers, executives etc) and theres the scouts I as a modeling scout go find models bring them back to the company the company then signs the model if the model is what the company is looking for the model gets his or her chance and we get a commission based on the models we bring in. So the modeling company then provides the model to other companies the companies then buy the model and the company that sold the model gets paid and we as a scouts get paid depending on our contract with our company so if our contract is worth 15 percent of the sum that the model is sold for and the model sells for $5,000 we get $750 for the deal its not a lot of money and its not guaranteed that you'll bring any customers in over a certain period of time but you can only try. For me I got involved in this because I have always wanted to be an actor and I found it very difficult where I live to find gigs there were almost non and I soon realized unless you have the proper connections in Hollywood your chances are slim to non to get discovered so I swore to make it easier for everyone who doesnt have those connections to be noticed I therefore created my own business (WhichWay Enterprise) which is a talent discovery agency and a friend of mine that desperatly wanted to be a model asked me to find him some work. After desperate searching I finally stumbled upon Osterfeld Industries and I provided them my friend they liked him and I signed a contract with them to be a scout and he got his modeling career started. Im not only doing this for the money but rather to give people the chance to finally get noticed in the sea of billion of people.

If you are interested in becoming a model, actor please feel free to email me. @ adam.mckay25@yahoo.com