Six Year Old Drives to School Thanks to GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milleman

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2006
"At the time of the incident, the 26 year old mother was asleep upstairs. Both her and the 40 year old father are in police custody, charged with child endangerment."

How is this possible? The parents were asleep and can't be blamed for what that child was doing.

G

@ Milleman

Yes they most certainly can. If they decide to take a nap they need to know where their children are and if necessary lock them in the room with them. I leave my six year old at home to go out on a date with my wife and he burns down the neighbors house is it my fault? I can't be blamed for what the child was doing right???

Sad thing is video games are being blamed for this. Perhaps if the parents were paying a spec of attention to what their children were doing they wouldn't allow them to play clearly labeled M rated games.

zeriah

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
Lets see... Allowing a 6 year old boy to be more responsible than the mother, the fact that a 6 year old got out of bed by himself and did all the preperations to go outside and look for the school bus. Putting things in reach of a young kid that couldn't endager his life without supervision. Oh yea, lets not forget the fact that the kid is playing a video game intended for a mature mind, which involves drugs, sex, violence. Not appropriate for a growing mind like that, a 6 year old wouldnt have the sense of right and wrong like a 26 year old would. Clearly in this case he did...

G

Of course it's the parents fault. The first and foremost point is that they were not conscious enough to prepare the child for school. Excuse me if this sounds a little harsh, but more day by day I'm believing parents should require a license to have children. -Take responsibility for your actions.

G

The parents were asleep while the kid was awake, thats negligence, not that i disagree that the charges are very harsh. The state are assholes for even doing this not to the parents but to the kids. Taking parents away from kids is the worst thing you can do. Foster homes are a good program but it takes away from the emotional value the kids have from growing up with them. I say give them a 2nd chance, hell that kid wants to learn so bad i say congrats to the parents for keeping him motivated.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
any ideas at what speed he was going at?
and 100% agree with zeriah, the kid's superego is still in its development stage according to freud, so the kid should not be left unpunished... AND WHY THE HELL DOES HE HAVE ACCESS TO GTA, ARE HIS PARENTS RETARDED? theres alotta controversy about violent games having an bad influence, but they have more of a negative influence on children, and worse, on complete retards

m3kt3k

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2006
THis will be used by antigame peeps but its 100% the parents fault. The real question is at 6 how the hell did he reach the peddle.

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
"The real question is at 6 how the hell did he reach the peddle."

The article left out that both parents are naturally 9 feet tall.

DFGum

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
"26 year old mother was asleep upstairs. Both her and the 40 year old father "
Theres clue 1
Clue 2 is allowing to play M rated games.
Clue 3, child wants to go to school to not end up like parents.

G

Anyone here thinks that children can be and should be controlled all time? 0(zero) errors is that possible?

What a bunch of Pussies all of you are. Clint Eastwood seems to the last remaining American...

G

"At the time of the incident, the 26 year old mother was asleep upstairs. Both her and the 40 year old father are in police custody, charged with child endangerment."

How is this possible? The parents were asleep and can't be blamed for what that child was doing.

LOL ARE YOU RETADED?

G

Lmfao. yeah that kids going places alright :) .... he'll be the next nascar champion or w/e.

and for all those anti-game people. its not the game you dumb sh*ts. it the parents; if anything the game should be praised for teaching the kid to drive. yes it has violence, so what? real life is just the same. you might not be able to massacre people and all that like in grand theft auto but theres still prostitutes being killed all the time and random spates of serial killing.

bottom line(i got off course)....
ITS NOT THE GAME ITS THE PARENTS FAULT!!!

teaser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
No one commenting on the age gap between the parents? Lol, 26 and 40. Sounds like a great marriage........................That's only 14 years difference,there's millions of couples together with that age gap..........or more,age should not come into play on this,it's these two people specifically,one 26,the other 40 and neither are responsible enough at their age to be parents.....

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
You people are pussies. The kid learned how to drive and the real world in a safe do-overable environment. The parents have more time to rest resulting less stress at work and at home. East Asian students are already learning college courses at high school and here in the west, people stood by their parents' development schedule.

Vikingex

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
Too bad I can't see your dob on your profile. You sound inexperienced with relationships, as a 14 year gap is actually very significant, especially in terms of the electra/oedipus complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.