Congratulations Galanz

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Passing the 10,000 work units mark is a fantastic milestone indeed! Good job!!! Where does that put you on the "all time" SETI list? Must be close to the top!

Scout

Scout

G

Thanks, I realize this reply is a little late, but I haven't spent much time here lately.
I'm number 131 in Canada right now, and according to my stat's page; Your rank out of 3475424 total users is: 3371st place.

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Great to see ya and that is quite the feat you have done there. I havn't been around here in a long time myself.

Oh btw I am Glutzie. Not sure why I ever used JoeHead here. Not like I have to worry about anyone taking Glutzie on me.

<b><A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com/" target="_new">How fast is your PC</A></b>

scarecrow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
WOW,
You guys still crunching. Every once in a while I come check it out but there dosn't seem to be anything going on.
That is one of the reasons why I went over to the <A HREF="http://www.littlewhitedog.com/seti_stats.asp" target="_new">LittleWhiteDog team</A>
Looks like some of you guys lost interest and moved onto other projects like ud though.

If ya guys ever want to come chat <A HREF="http://www.littlewhitedog.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=14&CAT_ID=4&Forum_Title=SETI" target="_new">Seti</A> come on over and check out the forum.

My sig banner would be here

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I can't believe it either. I just picked a program to monitor THG to see who is still active. There are quite a few still working here. I have only taken 2 readings 1 week apart.

C'ya all later.

<b><A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com/" target="_new">How fast is your PC</A></b>

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Wow, that DID take you a long time to reply... I could see you still working, but figured you weren't checking the forum very often. It really is kind of quiet around here!

I just passed 2000 units myself so let me pat myself on the back. I had tried like heck to stay in front of Red Wings One, but he was just too strong for me. Looks like I jumped a fair amount in front of Lowlypawn in my sprint though. I had three computers chewing on SETI including my 1.55 GHz. Athlon and he still reeled me in and passed me like I was standing still... Must have a lot of computers working Red Wings One!!!

Scout

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I wish I had a few more computers to run seti on, but alas, I only have the one... At least I've got the lowest average cpu time per wu out of anyone still active...

Lyrics. Wasted time between solos.

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
7:04, that IS a good average... What you runnin'? I've got my two Celeron II's crunching SETI at 850 and 900 MHz. on BX motherboards 24/7, and they seem to be well under 8 hours, but my average time is only slowly creaping down ... with 2000 WU's it takes a while to move the average! At 7:44 though, I'm the lowest average above you!

My other rig (Athlon) is only on in the evenings and I run UD on that. Haven't gotten any of the new Anthrax molecules yet. Sure has been a lot of complaints on how UD automatically signs you up for a new project like that...heh heh... methinks they be making some $$$ on the side. They also signed me up for web testing without my consent... It's a simple fix to adjust your profile to remove it (which I did), but still...

Scout

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I used to run a P3 700@966 and get about 5 hour times with the old old versions, then that computer got stolen, and now I have a Tbird 900@1000 that averages about 6.5 hours with the new version. 95% of the units completed in my user have been with these two machines, but there have been a few on older crappier computers. I stopped using them cause they killed my average. It's only slowly going down again (about 4 seconds per wu).

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Just hit 800 this morning :smile:

Keep in mind I only ever have one computer running seti at a time.