Obama to Broadcast Himself via YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
What a crappy headline. Al Gore never even claimed to have invented it. Whoever started that rumor should be shot. You guys at Tom's know better too. Could we PLEASE just get the straight facts, for once? Stop all the sensationalism. Leave that for "real" news media like Fox.

Ryun

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]What a crappy headline. Al Gore never even claimed to have invented it. Whoever started that rumor should be shot. You guys at Tom's know better too. Could we PLEASE just get the straight facts, for once? Stop all the sensationalism. Leave that for "real" news media like Fox.[/citation]

It was a joke...

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
According to officials, the goal of utilizing the new tools of the Internet is to help put a face to the government, and to hopefully better connect to the nation’s citizens.

This has been the problem with "democracy" all along. Secret-ism. Go elect Obama! Put a face on that government! Make it "WE the people" once again! Enough of this silly oligarchy bullcrap. We need to stop referring to our government as a separate entity and start talking about "OUR government" once again. No more "the government." I want to feel as though my government is here for me, put the fear back in those leaders. I should not be fearing my government, or feel like I am here to serve it. The government is here to serve it's people.

Ask not what you can do for your government, but what your government can do for the people that give it it's power.

The government ASSUMES it's power today. Maybe Obama can make it once again so that it no longer assumes power, but that it has to ASK for it once again. The voting system works, but what doesn't work is the elderly folk sitting on top of Capitol Hill. You know I'm talking about. The guys taking soft money from oil companies, the guys who are actually controlling things. These guys need to be dethroned, they need to have a face. We need more things like Meet The Press, and C-Span. So far, so good. I'm loving our new next Pres.

G

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" - Where do Stimulous packages disguised as "tax refunds" for people who don't even pay taxes factor into this belief ?

Obama is lining himself up to be the biggest disapointment this country will ever experience. Considering he's become more popular then Christ himself in the eyes of his voting public, and poeple are expecting more out of this human being (yes, he's only human, and he puts his pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us) then any other person before him. They've already given him credit for thing's they expect him to do, but hasn't yet.

With that said, please don't be disappointed if he's only minimally more successful then Bush was. After all, Obama is going to find out what Bush has had to face for 8 years. It's easy to Promise the Entire World on a Silver Platter in a campaign, but to pull off everything obama's promising will be a downright miracle. Considering Obama could very likely be the second incarnation of Christ though, it's might happen !

In the meantime, Hope ! Change ! And Redecorating the White House !

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
Stop with derailing anything to do with Obama. Please comment on the news items, not on his promises or character.

This is a news about Obama, and for me, I can't blame him. His campaign seems to want to focus on the internet users primarily because of his very successful donation compaign on the internet.

For me. Good, I can watch it on Youtube. :p

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Even though I was down rated, thank you for changing the name. :) Sometimes, the simplest headlines make the most sense. For funnies, I usually check the Sunday comics or watch tv. For tech briefs, I often visit Toms.

G

Everyone knows the kids are really into the Burnout Paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.