Microsoft Changing Focus on Bill & Jerry Ad Campaigns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
the comment in the first one about making your pc soft so you can eat it just made me want to Install Linux right there.

G

get some comedians spoofing that lying little weasle mac guy, how hard is that???????

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
Somehow I just recall iRan and iRack scene on MadTV.

Usually I don't give too much crap about Microsoft, especially the days when their Office Suite was on slaught against WordPerfect and Lotus. However, my growing hatred against Apple Corporation leads me in hope that Microsoft's new marketing campaign can kick the Mac cult in the nuts. Well, they just suck at producing image after all. Maybe they should pay Michael McDonald to mock Steve Jobs and de-construct the image that Apple Corporation has tried to produce in the past years.

wymer100

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
Marketing 101: If you are the big guy in the industry, you don't talk about the little guy. It only serves to lend credibility to the little guy. There's a reason why you NEVER see pepsi mentioned in a Coca-Cola ad. If MS thinks it has a great product, then talk about all the great features. Take one great feature and talk about it in each ad. You can opine about how great Vista is, but people just say, "that's nice" and keep going about their business. If you talk about a specific feature, then people will say, "I want to do that" and go out and buy your product. It's not rocket science. It's just basic advertising.

David Gerard

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
Vista's slow, it's fat, my software doesn't work, I can't get drivers, the User Access Control's a pain in the ass and my network grinds to a crawl when I play an mp3! What do you call that?"

"... The Aristocrats!"

G

Here's an idea for a commercial: Maybe they should debunk all of the Mac superiority myths, much like the readers of Toms hardware did on that Mac article by Tuan Nguyen.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
Two words: Mojave Experiment. I watched it and was like wow, that's amazing. They should put that stuff on TV and that'll do the job as well as anything (and at little additional production cost).

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
[citation][nom]David Gerard[/nom]Vista's slow, it's fat, my software doesn't work, I can't get drivers, the User Access Control's a pain in the ass and my network grinds to a crawl when I play an mp3! What do you call that?""... The Aristocrats!"[/citation]Either your system sucks or you don't know what your doing. Turn off UAC and add some ram. People complained about Windows XP for the same reasons you are when it first came out. Microsoft doesn't release an OS for specifications of todays PC's, they release OS's for tomorrow's specs. Microsoft moves the industry foward. The same people that complain about having to upgrade their computer for Vista are the same people that complain PC games aren't up to snuff because they're designed to work on mainstream pc's. Obviously many people are running Vista just fine, so anything causing your system to run slow is not related to Vista. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate x64 and the only driver issue I had was on first install. Took 2 seconds to fix it and turn off UAC. As for the software being bloated, I could can't notice and could give a crap, my sytem can take it. Besides, Leopard takes up just as much space as Vista and I don't hear anyone complain about that. If your PC can't run Vista stop your bitching and use XP until you upgrade, or take out a loan and buy an overrated, over priced, pretty-boy Mac.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]David Gerard[/nom]Vista's slow, it's fat, my software doesn't work, I can't get drivers, the User Access Control's a pain in the ass and my network grinds to a crawl when I play an mp3! What do you call that?""... The Aristocrats!"[/citation]

Its called User ACCOUNT Control, and it can be turned off. All of that other stuff has been fixed forever now. I call that, "a person buying some bloated crappy vista box at wal-mart and not being knowledgeable enough to make it run half decent."

Status
Not open for further replies.