Backup Program Recommendations

slippyjim

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
Hiya,

I currently use Acronis True Image 2010 and do like it but I thought it was time to update to make sure I could handle all new big HDDs etc
I use it mainly to backup clients HDDs when reinstalling Windows, so I take the HDD out of their PC hook it up to my PC and do the backup then afterwards mount the image to copy the files out.
One thing I do not like is that whenever I do a backup or restore my PC goes so slow its hardly usable (E6750 o/c to 3.5GHz)
I downloaded the trial version of ATI 2013 but that has a few annoying features like not able to set a default backup location and get it to remember and its even slower now.

Cut a long story short any recommendations?
Must support
- large drives
- be able to mount images as drives
- be as quick as possible

Thanks

ranco58

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
I have been and still am using Acronis, why don't you just "boot" from Acronis recovery cd (you will have to burn it from your system) then run back=up and create a system image on the systems own hard drive you can also make a image on a USB drive also, depending on the amount of programs installed it will take between 6.5 and 12 gigs of space using the maximum compression settings.

Ranco58

slippyjim

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
I know I can use the recvery CD, but for various reasons I dont want to.

I have updated to an i5-3570K and it runs better now, but think I am going to go back to ATI 2010