(VB.NET) Making my program generate an exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipervgts

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
I'm trying to make a program that you can customize, and have it generate an exe from it. For example, I want a program that has an email address textbox and an email password textbox, if you click the generate button, it will make an exe that has source code that will use the email and email pass that you entered from before.

randomizer

Distinguished

And do what with it? You have a strange requirement. I can think of some awful ways of doing something like this but honestly I can't see why you would want to do this anyway.

This sounds like an XY Problem.

I suggest you expand on what you are really trying to do, and leave off this minor implementation detail.

Vipervgts

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
I'm trying to make somewhat of an email system. My idea is to have a screen open that asks for a email address and password for it then hit generate and have it generate an exe with a program in it that uses the email and pass to make it send and receive emails.

Ijack

Distinguished
That's sounds like a very complicated solution to a very simple problem. Why on earth would you create a new program for each email address? It's a bit like creating a new web browser for every web page you want to access.

randomizer

Distinguished
Why not just make the second program have the exact same email address and password prompt and run with whatever is input? You seem to be trying to design the most over-complicated solution possible and for no apparent reason.

Whether or not you can do what you want in a "clean" (read: extremely bad but not horrendously bad) way depends on your development environment. What compiler and language are you using to do all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.