Google chrome problem solving

heime2003

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
same problem here

after i download/install free game app yesterday, google chrome wont open

suspecting malware or spyware, i removed all programs installed yesterday

still wont open. i tried to go back to previous restore points, thoughly scan hard drive, uninstalled/ reinstalled

nothing seemed working

i hate IE google has been much better

plz help!!!!

heime2003

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
as i said in another thread, mouse timer spins for about 2 seconds then stops
damn!!! the problem went back last night. i thought it was from free game app i installed to play free games

i run full scan on my laptop which cost me 3 hours then i found 2 malwares

im very angry why people put such things in their program

i wont use any freebies in the future

andygee33

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

These days, chrome basically IS a virus.

Screw this, I'm going back to Firefox!

The Stealthinator

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
@heime: You don't even know if the virus is from chrome or someplace else.

@andyqee: Chrome is a fairly reputable web browser. In some ways better than Firefox. Provided you downloaded it from its official website, you shouldn't have any problems.

andygee33

Honorable
Feb 9, 2013

Ok, chrome works pretty well on 'most' systems, but it's nowhere near as reputable as Mozilla's support. Mozilla gave me help last year when I was using win98 and an outdated version of firefox, while chrome does not respond to most troubleshooting questions they receive at all. Recently, I uninstalled chrome to rid my pc of google update's cpu hogging to no avail and received no help. I have left them a message asking what makes their updater use a fast pc's cpu and guess what... NO REPLY! :ouch:

Wake up guys google is not who they used to be - how their terms and conditions have changed, how they force updates and also how they allow 3d party toolbars unwanted access. Never mind the attitude they take to their customers. I owe a great apology to MR. Jeeves..