FutureMark/3D mark benchmarking

Dometologist

Honorable
May 29, 2012
hey all, hope I put thread under right category...anyway I just bought the futuremark 3D benchmarking software off of steam. I have a pretty solid setup with my i7-3770k at 4.2 ghz, gtx 670 ftw ed, and 8 gb mushkin black ram 1600mhz...I run all newest games on max with 60 fps consistently however, I perform poorly on the firestrike benchmark getting as low as 11 fps on the combined test...anyone with this software have any recommendations for drivers or feel like sharing their specs and scores? greatly appreciated

Solution
That benchmark is made to be "extreme" if you read the description of it, it's designed for multi-GPU systems, probably or those with $500-$1,000 in video card hardware and maxed out RAM.

If all the games you play run well, don't lose any sleep over it, or buy a second 670, double the RAM and see if the score goes up. I'm thinking it will then.
That benchmark is made to be "extreme" if you read the description of it, it's designed for multi-GPU systems, probably or those with $500-$1,000 in video card hardware and maxed out RAM.

If all the games you play run well, don't lose any sleep over it, or buy a second 670, double the RAM and see if the score goes up. I'm thinking it will then.

Solution

Dometologist

Honorable
May 29, 2012
thanks, it had me kind of stumped...on a side note, I was thinking of investing in either more RAM or putting my gtx 670 in an SLI config...which would you recommend going with first if I wanted to yield a higher score in the future?

You need to see if anything is going to be holding you back with upgrades. If you can, overclock your video card, if the benchmark scores go up in relation, you can get a faster video system (SLI, faster card, whatever), if the score stays the same, you are CPU or RAM limited, although with that CPU and 8 gig of RAM that is very unlikely.