Can't Save autocad files to network drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenvw

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Hello,
We are having an issue with saving drawings from Auto-cad 2013 LT to a mapped network drive (using Windows 7 Professional). When the user tries to save the drawing, he is getting the following error message 'One or more objects in the drawing cannot be saved to the specified format. The operation was not completed and no file was created.' I have noticed a number of temporary files in the folder since this issue has started, and they all have a size of 0 Kb.
The user has full read/write permissions for that particular shared folder (hosted by Server 2003, mapped on his PC). What we did try do was remove the permissions and add them again, but it made no difference. No other program is having an issue, and they are all successfully saving to the drive.

Auto-cad has been saving to the network drive fine before. The only thing that I am aware of that could possibly affect it would the fact that this problem coincided with changing the administrator password on the server, which was done for security reasons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

stevenvw

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

Yes, we have been saving it on the local hard-drive now, and that works fine.

stevenvw

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

Yes, files that have previously worked and saved fine on the network drive don't work any more. If we try to save it back with a different name, we get the same error message and the save fails

stevenvw

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

I have also double-checked the amount of free space on the drive, and that should not be an issue as there is plenty of free space

stevenvw

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

It works to save to the desktop...absoloutely no issues. I can then copy/cut and paste it to the folder on the mapped drive hosted on the server. It only happens when I try to save to the network drive from within Autocad LT 2013. I have completely re-installed the Windows 7 workstation that is having and issue and re-installed Auto-cad as well. I disabled TCP checksum in the settings for the network card. It also has built in wireless, so I disabled the LAN card and connected to the network wirelessly but this also made no difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.