Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 Rendering Error

Adrianjc7

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
So for some reason, I get this error EVERYTIME I try to render my video. I've tried changing the rendering options multiple times and nothing works.

I'll get to about 50-52% of the video done rendering, and then I'll get an error message saying, "Sony Vegas 12 Rendering error - An unexpected error has occurred" and then nothing more.

Does anyone know a fix to this problem? Is there anyway to fix it by changing a preference or option somewhere? I was thinking about just downgrading to 11.0 since I thought it could possibly be a problem with just the 12.0 users but I'm unsure.

Let me know!
Thanks in advance!

Adrianjc7

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Ok got a new thing to add...

I just tried cutting the clips and possibly just rendering out two seperate render's by cutting the WHOLE video in half. The first half works perfectly (But remember I said the problem occurs at 50-52%) The 2nd half has the same error at like 4-5% this time.

So now I'm guessing it's actually that clip? But how would this effect it? So basically I can't use THAT clip?

stroudie2

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013

I have this exact same problem, I have been searching for weeks to find a fix and cant find one, it used to work fine for me, only recently did it start doing this, I think it may have started after I updated my graphics drivers. Did yours use to work fine?

Not a Vegas 12 user but is there any sort of memory cache you can empty or clear?
Not sure if this will help but...
"Here are some things to try.

1. Verify that your TEMPORARY FILES folder for Vegas has enough space. See PREFERENCES.

Shutdown Vegas. Then go delete everything in the Vegas TEMPORARY FILES folder before restarting Vegas.

If for some reason, you can't delete all of Vegas' temporary files, then see #2.

2. Is Vegas crashing on you? Some times when an app crashes, the process doesn't completely die and get cleaned up by Windows. So some of the files it creates and uses, including temporary files, cannot be released back to Windows. So even if you restart Vegas, the new Vegas process may not be able to read and write to some of the files it needs.

3. Maybe one of the effects plugins or codecs you are using is having problems with Vegas. Perhaps you are using plugins and codecs that are incompatible with your 64-bit Vegas. Update all plugins and codecs Vegas maybe depending on. Ensure they are 64-bit compatible."

Source: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/945501

Have you updated anything recently such as your video card drivers (as mentioned by stroudie2)?