Suddenly increased load times

Zabman

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Hi All,

I have been running my current setup with no issues for about 3 years. I know I am due an upgrade but my budget doesn't allow for a full upgrade just yet :(
In the last week I have noticed greatly increased loadtimes of applications (in particular a game called League of Legends) but certainly not limited to this. Sometimes the views load odd as well, like they havent loaded properly.
Does anyone have any ideas what may cause this? Or at least how to diagnose it? All my RAM is showing up.

My gear is:
i5 750
gigabyte P55a UD4P
2 x 2 GB DDR3 1333
Radeon 5850

I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I couldnt find anything more suited.

Thanks in advance.

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012

Your welcom in advance. :D

:hello:

Which OS do you use and wich version like x32/x64?

What did you upgrade?

What do you want to upgrade (maby)?

Lets say you upgraded from Windows XP to 7, it will use more of your RAM.
I don't know about the game.
Might be that you need 2x2 GB RAM more for an easy proper run of the system. Why 2x?, might be that your mainboard uses Dual Channel.

When you update your information, we might be able to help you better! :D

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek! :D

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte

PS:
:D HAPPY HOLLYDAYS :pt1cable: BEST WISHES! :D

Zabman

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
Hi,

The problem is I haven't upgraded or changed anything. I just logged on one day and am having these issues. I have scanned with windows defender and it came up clean.

I have W7 64 bit OS and yes, it is dual channel RAM.

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
:hello:

Kindly I ask your attention.

Did you try a 'chkdsk /F' when Windows is started, or 'chkdsk /P' when using command prompt from F8 or Win DVD?

What about 'sfc /scannow' in Admin mode?

Start Command prompt ad Startmenu/Programs/Bureau Accessoires, click Command Prompt and type:

chkdsk /F

When using the Windows DVD or doing it by F8 Command Prompt, you have to use /P. (Ad one of both.)

CheckDisk /F (the disk will be checked for error's and the system files will be checked and something else. When something isn't correct, it will be taken care of.

Restart and do it again for about 2 and more times. While doing this, Windows repairs the damage if it can. After a fiew times and there are still error's, stop it. The disk is really damaged.

Start Command prompt ad Startmenu/Programs/Bureau Accessoires, right click Command prompt and choos 'Open As Admintrator'.
Than type: sfc /scannow

System File Check /scannow

After done so, restart and repeat it several times and check the LOG file for fixing anything. When it keeps fixing bit by bit, keep doing it, till it doesn't.

To get the LOG file fast, type:

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

If you don't trust your installation, use the Windows DVD to do the check disk.

Did thishappened after an Windows Update/software installation/deinstallation/Toolbar installation/deinstallation, or just happened?
Did you do a driver update?
If so, uninstall it and reinstall the previous one. Wait for the next update or the notification of the firm itself that the issue has been resolved.

Did you create a Restore Point and a System Backup?

If you have a System Backup, and it's not to old and you don't have to reinstall a lot, use it. After you did that Disk Check with the Windows DVD.

The issue could be from many things, like:

Bad RAM, bad HDD/SSD, Main board, Software, bad Power Supply or new added hardware.
So, take your pick and let us know?

If you like, you could do a system checkup with some free software or whatever you want to use.

You could do a RAM memory test, have it done all the way. You can do this with the F8 function when Windows starts.

You could download a software to test your main board (I guess).
Just start your browser and type:

Gigabyte P55a UD4P test software download
Test software for Gigabyte P55a UD4P download

Or,

How to test my Gigabyte P55a UD4P for error's?

Try endurens tests, they have to show anything if there is any.

No matter what, just write back and let us know what happened.

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek! :D

Good luck and have fun doing it! :D

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte