Why will the office 2007 product key not work on my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smathis11

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012
I am a teacher at a middle school. Our school's computers are pretty old, and I was able to install Microsoft Office 2007 on all of the computers classroom with our school's unlimited product key. However, the home computer of mine that I brought in for my desk will not install because it says the product key is invalid. Why won't it work? The computer has Windows 7 on it btw.

Solution
In such a case I would first try and involve any local IT staff you may have. If there really is no such person, then you should call the Microsoft activation hotline call center. They should be able to help you resolve this issue. However, I would strongly suggest making sure the school administration is aware of what you are doing beforehand. Always good to avoid cases where the left hand has no idea what the right hand is up to.

cl-scott

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
In such a case I would first try and involve any local IT staff you may have. If there really is no such person, then you should call the Microsoft activation hotline call center. They should be able to help you resolve this issue. However, I would strongly suggest making sure the school administration is aware of what you are doing beforehand. Always good to avoid cases where the left hand has no idea what the right hand is up to.

Solution
MS Office volume license key is not "unlimited" you still have to purchase a license for each computer, the only thing is that you can use the same key for each setup. You better check with the IT department before your school gets in trouble with licensing.

You probably have a different version of Office 2007 on your home computer. There are about 4-5 of them.

smathis11

Honorable
Nov 3, 2012

No, I'm installing from a CD. The product key will not work on this computer, but it works on all the other ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.