Lucid VirtuMvp and new GPU

toyftw

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
i5-3570k, Intel hd4000 IGP, Gigabyte z77-3dh mobo, 8g ddr3 ram, 2-500g hdd,160g port hdd, +200g ext hdd,

Hi all - purchasing a new GPU (hd7850,or7870,or7770)in a few days and would like to know if anyone here knows if
Lucid VirtuMVP(my mobo includes it) works as adv., or not? Or are there problems with it?, meaning just not worth using, etc.

Have read conflicting accounts of it, so seeking some users with 1st hand experience.

Posted a similar question in the Graphics card forum (not exectly sure which is the better forum to post)

Thanx

Tom

Solution
yea...never heard of virtu. But if you have a native board that can run it. Its awesome. Meaning if its not endorsed by virtu, your gunna have the neg. feedback.

so, I built my comp and a few months later I got my Card. got a hd7770. its ddr5 wit pci-e 3.0 so I thought "Yea! this will kick skyrim's ass". *sigh* it did not. Come to learn that game companies are making their games for consoles. And as we know consoles are OLD!
In other words: if the game is programed to use 2 pipelines. But there's 8 available. Your gonna get screwed out of a lot effects.

Learned about virtu...wouldn't install. Frustration...weeks later, found the "Proper installation method". And now I am happy as a school boy in a pron shop. lol...

ayleidruin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
it is AWESOME!!! 120+frames per second. and most games (like 30 out of 35) work with it. even if its not listed in the virtu mvp app lineup in the app itself.

so basically it opens the "pipelines" for games that are NOT made to use the full capabilities of todays comps.

in other words. skyrim runs between 25-60fps without Virtu MVP
Skyrim with Virtu MVP =120+fps TV can only display max of 60fps but who cares.
no lag. no bullshit. And thats with 70+mods and Ultra video settings.

MSI Z77A-GD65, i5-3570k, 16GB GSkill, MSI 7770 1GB (i love this card, in case if your wondering. got it on newegg for like $100 with a $20 gift card)

toyftw

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

Hey - thx for the reply. It's been month's. Since I posted this, I got an hd7870(Sapphire)
A couple of questions if you don't mind.

Do you hook the monitor into the internal gfx(mobo) port,
or the Video Card's port?

And is there anything else I need to do besides installing the onboard drivers
(I deleted when I installed the 7870) and enabling the internal gfx in BIOS

I would have used this had I known it worked well. But read that it really didn't perform.

ayleidruin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
yea...never heard of virtu. But if you have a native board that can run it. Its awesome. Meaning if its not endorsed by virtu, your gunna have the neg. feedback.

so, I built my comp and a few months later I got my Card. got a hd7770. its ddr5 wit pci-e 3.0 so I thought "Yea! this will kick skyrim's ass". *sigh* it did not. Come to learn that game companies are making their games for consoles. And as we know consoles are OLD!
In other words: if the game is programed to use 2 pipelines. But there's 8 available. Your gonna get screwed out of a lot effects.

Learned about virtu...wouldn't install. Frustration...weeks later, found the "Proper installation method". And now I am happy as a school boy in a pron shop. lol. seriously, +120fps @ ultra settings. and works with 80% of games that I have tried. And many that aren't listed in the virtu app selection.

Another thing that virtu doesn't work with sandy bridge. And from what I can tell that's where a lot of the b***Hing came from. Though don't quote me on that.
I never liked vsync cause there was a delay. With virtu's virtual vsync there is no delay and no more screen tearing.

so enough of my ranting.

ANSWERS (maybe?): I'll give some links @ the bottom that I hope will help. U have to install it a certain way or it won't work. That was my problem.

first, plug into the mboard. BIOS: Enable IGD n Virtu (IGD=integrated graphics device and PEG=well...it means the pci-e graphics card) u prolly new that but just wanted to be clear.

Back in windows, install Lucid. If its already installed you will prolly have to uninstall it-restart-and install.

It'll ask yea 2 restart again. Go back to BIOS and put it on PEG. shut down. And plug into the graphics card. It should work. I have my old flat panel in2 the board and my TV run in2 my 7770. Hope this helps. Don't get discouraged. If my install method don't work, google virtu install guide or virtu don't install right or virtu installation method. something to that effect. You'll find it.

EDIT: here buddy, went to your site and found the pdf for yea. though its for the d3h. hope that's just a typo cuz 3dh didn't come up in the search.
http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_virtu-mvp_e.pdf

Solution

ayleidruin

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
keep bios on IGD till everything is said and done. then after windows starts back up again and yada yada yada...you may go back in2 bios and PEG it up with mvp working.

Virtu only works with win7+ I think. Don't know about other OS's.

You can reinstall intel 4000 graphics drivers. I would do that first actually. I have them both installed. (catalyst and intel4000). They don't bother each other. at least they don't for me. And then I am able to use the flat panel in the comp room when I need it. With out crap graphics.

I hope you get it to work for yea. I think a lot of gamers would be surprised by mvp. I was. Though I ain't gunna hump Virtu's leg or nothing but they deserve a Bj by the nicest girl in their city :D

toyftw

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

Gr8 - thanx for the help!