Nvidia drivers can't install properly, can't pick up monitor

gossip555

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Decided to just make a new thread. Before I installed the the latest drivers released, I uninstalled everything via control panel. I install the new drivers, and now it won't even do anything. Low resolution (not my native resolution), no color, tried reinstalling everything over and over, used driver uninstall tools, rebooting, can't detect monitor etc. The driver install doesn't even ask me to reboot, and windows update driver install always fails.

I'll update the main post with my replies and more information to help me whenever possible, I just hope i'm not the only one experiencing this.

On nvidia control panel startup:

Nvidia Display settings not available. You are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU.
Whenever I try to launch the nvidia control panel. Also running Windows 7 Only.

It also uses "Default Monitor" in the devices when I try to change my resolution.

Really at a standstill here guys. I need to use this computer to work and all of that. Low resolution bugs the hell out of me.

10/12/12: My computer:
1. Cannot detect monitor
2. Can't get native resolution
3. Can't launch games
4. Uninstallation and reinstallation via safe-mode and with CCleaner does not work
5. Graphic drivers are "installed", but not actually in working order
6. "Detect" button in screen resolution does not work.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
Are you using windows 7? If so, I had the same problem when I switched to a new monitor. I'm at work now and don't have 7 here, but in the display settings there was a button that read either "detect" or "identify". When I clicked on it, it updated from generic/default monitor to the actual make/model of the monitor.

gossip555

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Yeah, I tried that. I said I was running Windows 7. Tried clicking on detect again, and it didn't work at all. Plus, the graphics drivers don't even work properly. When I try to launch a game, it crashes, saying I need correct drivers. So far:

1. Computer can't detect monitor
2. Can't get native resolution
3. Can't launch games
4. Uninstallation and reinstallation via safe-mode and with CCleaner does not work
5. Graphic drivers are "installed", but not actually in working order
6. "Detect" button in screen resolution does not work.

LukeAkers

Honorable
Jun 11, 2013
Did you ever find an answer to this? I currently have the exact same problem and I can't figure out how to fix it. This thread is the only thing that I can find that makes any reference to it.