Can i get DS solidworks

gamerguy319

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
hello i am looking into getting ds solidworks but im in high school and in the enginering program they have there and i would like to use it just for fun because i love making things on it, would it be possible for me to get it at a decent price

Jay-Z

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
Depending on your local licensing rules, you can get a student version for free. Ask your school about it. We had AutoCAD, Revit and Inventor Student versions at school and I use Student versions of Solidworks and ANSYS at Uni, all for free. However, the school/uni has to have the license for that.

Tony Marcou

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
you can easily subject your designs to the same conditions that they’ll experience in the real world. Raise the quality of your products while you reduce your costs for live prototypes and testing.

Thanks a lot,
Tony

JordoR

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
^^ Second the student licensing. Usually the only guidelines in place, is that you simply can't profit on anything you produce from the software. When I was when in school I could get a student version at home of both AutoCAD and Solidworks.

I would inquire first with your teacher as he could either tell you the answer or point you onto the next contact to obtain it. Likely there is already something in place. I would't suggest to try and purchase it on your own as you will likely end up paying thousands for drafting related software... and I'm sure as a student you have better uses for that money :)