Diskeeper...

amnesiaaisenma

Honorable
Feb 15, 2012
Problems never end, do they? Well, I installed Diskeeper 12 Professional Trial on my PC...and it won't start. As soon as I start it, the following error appears...

"System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException (0x80004005): External component has thrown an exception.
at Diskeeper.Core.Interop.NativeMethods.DKRpcinit(String computerName, Boolean nIsRemote)
at Diskeeper.App.StartDiskeeperCommunication()
at Diskeeper.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)"

Of course, without the apostrophes...can someone help? I tried un-installing, cleaning the registry and re-installing, but to no avail. Event Viewer doesn't show anything related...thanks for the help in advance...

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
You didn't mention your OS, but it sounds like you don't have .NET installed.

Resource Requirements

The disk space requirements for Diskeeper Administrator depend on several factors. On most systems, Diskeeper Administrator will need 80 megabytes or less. Allow up to 450 MB of extra free space for temporary files during the installation. If Microsoft® .NET connection software is not installed on your computer, this requires approximately 70 MB of additional disk space. Further, your system may require a new or updated version of the Microsoft Management Console (less than 6 MB). Finally, if Internet Explorer®; is not present on your computer, some other needed files (hhupd.exe, 50comupd.exe, and wintdist.exe) may be added.
Additional Software Requirements

If you install the MSDE when you first configure the Diskeeper Administrator database, it initially requires less than 70 MB of disk space, although as the database grows, the additional disk space requirements will increase. Also, the MSDE uses the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC), which will require approximately 26 additional MB of disk space if not already present on your system.

http://www.condusiv.com/business/diskeeper/administrator/tech-specs/