mtbrain3343

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
Hello, I have a Toshiba laptop with windows 7x64 and a dsl internet connection. Up until a month or so ago, I had no problems watching internet videos on my computer. Now, my videos are very slow and choppy. I also see what appear to be larger pixels in the middle of the video I am watching, almost like a picture-in-picture scenario. I do have multiple computers and other things on my wireless internet connection, but this problem does not happen on the other computers. My wife actually has the exact same computer and her videos are fine at the same time mine are choppy and slow. We are both wirelessly connected.

I did try to update some drivers (I think one was my video driver) and my Flash Player and some other things I can't remember around the time this happened. Unfortunately, I didn't save a restore point at that time, so I can't go back. Last restore point is over a year ago.

I would also like some help figuring out what is running in the background and starting up when I turn my computer on if turning off those things could help. I am an average user, so please keep things in simple terms. Thanks!

darryl305

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

OK to find out what is running in the backround, and what is at startup, all you have to do is click the windows icon, the in the "search" bar type in "msconfig" (without quotations)

Then go to the tab that says "start up" You will want to uncheck EVERYTHING there except for "Microsoft windows operating system""

You will then need to restart your computer. Now, you willl have MUCH less things to slow down your PC.

And to see what process is running in the backround, go back to the "search" bar, and type in "task manager" you should see something that says "view running processes in task manager"

Click on the memory tab, the HIGHEST memory should be your browser (firefox, Internet explorer, etc) if you see anything else above 200k memory, you might want to disable it. hope this helps!