Status
Not open for further replies.

VENCE

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
Hello,
I PURCHASED A VGA TO S VIDEO CONVERTER, I CANT GET A CLEAR SIGNAL, ITS SHOW AS BLACK AND WHITE AND IS ROLLING AND FLICKERING. I NEED FOR KARAOKE GRAPHICS BUT I DO NEED IT TO BE IN COLOR

Solution
Not only do you need a decent converter, you need to make sure you are using quality cables and the cables are not too long, and your video settings are matched to the device you are playing this on. A converter won't make high quality video show up as clear on an old tube TV, nor will it make bad video look good for a HD TV.

Pyree

Distinguished
Did you get yourself an "active" converter or a "passive" converter. There are those vga to s-video cable on the market which won't convert the signal and need the vga output to support output to s-video in order to work and there are those, which is a converter box, like PhilFrisbie mentioned above, that can actually convert the signal.

Not only do you need a decent converter, you need to make sure you are using quality cables and the cables are not too long, and your video settings are matched to the device you are playing this on. A converter won't make high quality video show up as clear on an old tube TV, nor will it make bad video look good for a HD TV.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.