My pc monitor is old and have only 13 does this affect gameplay and playing vide

crazyheartz

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
I had a system with amd old low perfomance processor,512 mb ddr1 ram old type motherboard of asus. There the low configuration cpu seems low perfomance on internet and other applications. So we brought a new cpu with higher configurations. The configurations are processor intel dual core, ram- ddr3 2gb, motherboard - asus p5g4it-m lx, hard disk - 1st one is i used on my old cpu ie. western digital, and 2nd one is that i brought a newer one seagate
- 500gb but i am using them seperatly. all af these are checked by a computer serviceman near our place. We brought the cpu from that serviceman he told us that the cpu have no problem. Our display monitor is a samsung syncmaster591s 13 inch. he told that the low resolution will cause the problem. the problem is while playing games and watching videos the screen turns black. And there is no sound in the speakers. The green light showing the power on the cpu is still on and he red light of processing and reading disk is not on. It lighting below the recommended range. All of us dont know what is the problem. Can you help us and is this the problem related to monitor or drivers or motherboard or ram please help me i hope that you will help me. :)

Do you have a video card or just using onboard video? Is this actually a new system or a used one?

Overheating can cause this, but so can a lot of other things, from power supply to RAM to CPU, video card, etc... Need to do some troubleshooting. I'd try new drivers for the video card, check to make sure the case has enough cooling, maybe try to run it with the case open and a fan blowing on the systems.

If you have an nvidia card, the new drivers cause crashes in online videos, try an older driver.

crazyheartz

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
This is a new system and it has an onboard video of asus i think that yoy already know that asus motherboard's onboard graphics that is my motherboard is latest one ie; asus p5 sereise and also have a 2gb ram my system is opened for cooling but the pc service man said that it dosen't overheating he said that all problem is with the display and he gaved us an explaination that is the lower resolution of the monitor is the problem is this true. We played gta vice city, nfs underground, mostwanted, age of empire, and etc.. this like high resolution games on our old cpu. we didnt faced any problem like this. the old cpu have only old amd processor 512 mb ram asus k8 seriese motherboard. but when the cpu connected to the 19 inch lcd screen at the computer service shop there we didnt find any problem and came back to home with the cpu. then some few days the problem didnt found then he is back. now i am thinking that a negetaive force is here that against the good working of computer. Because the old cpu have a lot of problem. THEN the new one olso have some problem. in between the purchasing of the new cpu we take a cpu from other pc expert he is a worker in the eletricityboard his cpu also worked perfect for few weeks and it also affected some problem all of the pc experts said that there is any misusing of the pc by any of us. We dont know what is the reason behind all of this. Why our system is not working properly like our neighbours... Now i am in a great worry....... :(

Have a friend that knows about computers take a look at this at your house while watching what you do with the computer. Monitor resolution has absolutely nothing to do with if a system locks up or not. The things that can cause it are usually physical, RAM, power supply, CPU.

With all this going back and forth to the PC tech you will spend as much on trying to repair this than you would if you bought a new PC. His telling you the issue is because of the monitor is absolutely wrong. You can try a different monitor on the system to rule out a monitor issue though, but even then a monitor issue would not cause any type of sound issues if that also stops when you see the problem.

crazyheartz

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
SOMETIME MY PC IS WORKING PERFECT LAST ONE MONTH EVERYTHING IS SEEMED THAT PERFECT BUT NOW THE PROBLEM IS BACK THEN I ASKED TO MY FRIEND IN MY COLLEGE I AM A DIPLOMA STUDENT IN POLYTECHNIC I ASKED TO A COMPUTER DIPLOMA SENIOR STUDENT I AM 2ND YEAR. SOME PEOPLE KNOWS BY ME SAID THAT HE IS A PC EXPERT HE WORKED IN A PC HARDWARE REPAIR STATION AS ASSISTANT...HE TOLD ME THAT THE AMD PROCESSOR HAS NO PROBLEM WITH LOW RESOLUTION SCREEN.BUT MINE IS INTEL X86 DUAL CORE 3+GHZ HE TOLD ME THAT INTEL'S LATEST PROCESSOR RELEASED TILL 2 YEARS GENERALY NEEDS HIGHER RESOLUTION LCD MONITOR. IS THIS TRUE IF THIS WAS TRUE WHAT IS THE RESPONSIBLITY OF INTEL TO OUR SOCITY AND OUR NATURE. THEY HAD A BAD APPROACH TO OUR SOCITY AND NATURE THAT IS THEIR PROCESSORS HAVE HIGHER COST WHEN COMPARED TO AMD. THIS IS THE FIRST POINT. THE SECOND IS WHAT SHOULD DONE BY THE OLD LOW RESOLUTION MONITOR OWNERS. IF THEY REPLACE THE MONITOR WITH NEW ONE WHAT WILL THEY DO WITH THE OLD MONITOR.ALMOST ALL PC OR ELETCRONIC EQIPMENT USERS WILL DUMP IT TO THRASH DUMP YARD. IT WILL CAUSE E-WASTE. IT WILL LEADS TO POLLUTION TO OUR NATURE AND CAUSE DISEASES TO A LOT OF PEOPLE.........SO IWILL SELL THIS INTEL CPU AFTER A YEAR AND SELL THE CRT MONITOR TO OLD PC REPARING HOBY PERSONS WITH MY OLD AMD CPU. AND BUY A NEW CPU WITH AMD ATHLON,BULLDOZER OR XL 8150 PROCESSOR WITH A LCD MONITOR OF SONY HOW ALL OF THE REPLY ARTICLE IS THE PC BUYING AT FUTURE SHOWS ANY PROBLEM IWILL BECOME ANGRY AND DESTROY IT AND LIVE A LIFE STYLE WITHOUT COMPUTER I AM MAD AT PC BECAUSE IN MY VISION ALL CPU HAVE A LOT OF PROBLEM.THE MANUFATURERS DONT GIVING ANY GOOD THING WITHOUT A PROBLEM.GIVING TO COUSTMERS THAT ATLEAST THE AVERAGE LEVEL OF SPENDING MONEY........EVERY FIELD IN OUR WORLD ARE OBSSESED WITH CHEATING.....

Sunius

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2010
Umm he told you nonsense. Intel CPUs have no problem with low resolution. That sounds like he has no idea what he is talking about.

Anyway, I'd suggest testing your RAM. Use www.memtest.org

crazyheartz

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
WE FOUND THE PROBLEM . OTHER COMPUTER EXPERT . IS THIS TRUE WE ARE FORCING TO ACCEPT THIS SUGGESTION FROM HIM THAT IS I WILL EXPLAIN TO YOU WITH A DETAILED HISTORY.....SEE BELOW

WHEN WE BROUGHT THE NEW CPU:
ON NEW HARD DISK PROBLEM HISTORY-
WE INSTALLED WIN 7 THEN SOMETIMES THE PROBLEM IS SHOWING WHEN PLAYING GAMES THE ENTIRE SOUND AND DISPLAY GETTING JAMED.....THEN WE INSTALLED WIN XP THEN THE PROBLEMS FIXED THEN WE INSTALLED WIN 7 DEEP BLUE SP3 THEN THE PROBLEM SHOWING EVEN WHEN USING INTERNET OR NORMAL USING TIME NOT AT VIDEO WATCHING OR GAMMING.MY COUSINS & NIECE TOLD ME AT THAT TIME WIN 7 IS NOT GOOD FOR GAMMING AND FOR LOW RESOLUTION SCREEN. THEN WE INSTALLED WIN XP BACK THEN IT ALL WENT DOWN.....

ON THE OLD HARD DISK PROBLEM HISTORY-
THEN WE DECIDED TO CONNECT THE OLD HARD DISK WHICH WE USING ON THE OLD CPU...WE DIDNT INSTALLED ANY OF THE LATEST VERSION OF WINDOWS EVEN WIN VISTA....ON THAT HARD DISK WE DIDN'T FACED ANY PROBLEM EVERY THING WAS SMOOTH...WE THEN STOPPED WATCHING VIDEOS AND PLAYING GAMES ON THE NEW HARD DISK....SOMETIMES WE OPEN HIGHER RESOLUTION GAMES EG:GTA SAN RACE...AGE OF EMPIRES3 ETC...LOWER RES GAMES LIKE AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'ETC HAVE NO PROBLEM.IT SEEMS A MOVING WINDOW [HZ?]..
THEN WE ENDED THAT APPLICATION BY TASK MANAGER.THEN LOOKED ON THE DISPLAY PROPERTIES IT SEEMS THAT SHOWING MORE OPTION RESOLUTION THAT MORE THAN THE CAPACITY OF OUR 1024X704 AND 640X720.BUT NO PROBLEM WITH HIGHER RES: GAMES WHEN WE RESTART THE SYSTEM...EVERY THING BACK TO NORMAL....WHEN A FRIEND GAVED ME WIN 8 CONSUMER PREVIEW I INSTALLED ON THIS OLD HARD DISK THEN THE SAME PROBLEM ON THE NEW HARD DISK WHICH WE AND THE SYSTEM FACED BEGINED SHOWING ON THE OLD HARD DISK ALSO.....THEN WE INSTALLED WIN XP BACK THEN THE PROBLEM FIXED FOR A FEW DAYS THEN OLD HARD DISK GANING AND WATCHING VIDEOS WENT DOWN......

CONCLUTION-
WE FOUND THE LATEST TYPES OF MOTHER BOARD NEEDS HIGHER RESOLUTION SCREEN BUT WORKS SLIGHTLY NORMAL ON LOW RESOLUTION OLD CRT 13 INCH MONITOR..THE REASON WE FORCED TO AGREE THIS IS THAT THE [HZ?] PROBLEM..OK THAT IS IT...THEN THE PC EXPERT EXPLAINED THAT WHEN WE INSTALLED THE WIN 7 ON THE NEW HDD AND WIN 8 ON THE OLD HDD CHANGED THE DRIVER INTERFACE. HE ALSO TOLD THAT WIN 7 AND 8 NEED HIGHER RES MONITOR. THEN THE DISPLAY DRIVER INTERFACE CHANGED OR UPDATED SOMETHING ELSE HAPPENED....NOW THE PC WITH THIS MOTHER BOARD CPU WORKS ONLY WITH HIGHER RES SCREENS.... HE ADVICED ME THAT DOWNLOAD A NEW DRIVER FROM THE PRODUCERS WEBSITE OUR MOTHER BOARD IS ASUS P5G4IT-M LX.....I DID THAT THEN FEW DAYS EVERY THING WORKED NORMAL AND THEN EVERYTHING SEEMS PROBLEMS SHOWING..THEN HE FORCED ME THAT BUY A NEW MONITOR..FOR A SATISFACTION BUY A 2GB RAM ALSO..WE HAVE 2GB RAM IN THIS SYSTEM...IS ALL THIS FACT.....I TESTED THE RAM BY USING MEMTEST SOFTWARE THERE NO PROBLEM SHOWN SO THE MONITOR COMPATIBILITY IS THE PROBLEM IS'NT IT...YOUR OPINION IS NEEDED....WHAT WE THEN DO......

SOME OTHER TALKS HOW ARE YOU ARE YOU BUSY I AM FINE...THE NEXT MONTH OUR SEMESTER EXAM IS CONDUCTING SO AT CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY WE WILL BUY A NEW MONITOR....ACCORDING TO YOUR OPINION MORE TALK AT LATER......SEE YOU.......

crazyheartz

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012
IS THE DRIVER FACING SOME PROBLEM...IS THE INTEL GRAPHIC MEDIA ACCELERATOR LATEST DRIVER NEEDS HIGHER RESOLUTION MONITOR....I ASKED FOR ADVICE ABOUT THIS ISSUE TO A LOT OF PERSONS THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT IS THE REASON BEHIND THIS ISSUE. I AM AFRAID OF THAT IF I BUY A NEW MONITOR WITH HIGHER RESOLUTION THEN THE PROBLEM. HOW CAN I ASSURE THAT THE PROBLEM SOLVE BY THAT WAY....THEN VICE VERSA IF WILL I BUY A NEW CPU COMPONENTS.........WE THAT IS COMPUTER SERVICE MEN MY ELDER BROTHER AND I DON'T KNOW OR CAN'T IDENTIFY THAT ABOUT THIS PROBLEM.....WEATHER THE COMPLAINT CAUSED BY MONITOR OR THE CPU.........THEY ALL SAYING THAT THIS IS A NEW PROBLEM...HEARD BY THEM.....
OUR OLD CPU HAD ALSO SOME PROBLEM.....THAT IS THE REASON WHY WE BROUGHT THIS NEW CPU.....THE PROBLEMS ABOUT THE OLD CPU IS ALSO UNKNOWN BY PC SERVICE MEN. WE TRIED TO REPAIR THAT CPU.5 COMPUTER SERVICE CENTERS TRIED TO FIX THAT PROBLEMS..BUT THEY ALL FAILED..... THEN WE BROUGHT THE NEW ONE THEN IT ALSO SHOWING SOME JUNK PROBLEMS......WHAT IS THE REASON BEHIND THIS...... MY FATHER HAS A LAPTOP THAT IS FULLY FREE FROM COMPLAINTS....... HE IS TELLING THAT THE MISUSE OF ME IS BEHIND ALL OF THIS PROBLEMS BUT I AM AN AVERAGE PC USER IN THIS AGE I AM 19 YEAR OLD.....I DON'T GAVE ANY OVER LOAD TO THIS PC I CAN'T DO SO BY THE SOFTWARES WITH ME BECAUSE THAT ALL CANT GIVE OVERLOAD TO 3.0 GHZ INTEL DUAL CORE PROCESSOR AND 2 GB OF RAM I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS BEHIND THIS I THINK THAT IT'S MY OPINION
A FORCE IS BEHIND ALL OF THIS...PLEASE HELP ME....

ex_bubblehead

Distinguished
You keep babbling on about how your monitor is only 13" but a quick Google shows that that monitor is in fact 15" and supports a maximum resolution of 1024x768@68Hz refresh. This is more than enough to show your desktop and your Intel GPU is very capable of driving it.