Does my computer have a virus or is my internet taking a dump?

jsick7x

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Hello everyone!

This past weekend I was trying to download a game from Steam. Normally I would download at 2.5 mbps, and now im downloading at 256 kbps ! I checked Speedtest.net and my internet has gone from over 30 mbps download speed to now .3mbps! Youtube videos load slow, and my internet seems slower overall. I had this problem last month with TimeWarner cable where my internet randomly started going slow, so I upgraded and its happening again. Ive reset my router and still having the issue. But with that information you would think its TimeWarners fault right?

I have windows7 and in the bottom right hand corner when I click the bottom up arrow and click the flag with a ! point in it. It says:

Windows has detected VirTool:Win32/BeeInject, a known computer virus, on your computer.

To remove the virus from your computer, follow these instructions:

Go to the following website:
Microsoft Safety Scanner

I have scanned my computer with AVG, anti malwarebytes, Ccleaner, Microsoft Safety Scanner, AD-ware SE, everything I have to find the virus and kill it! But the anti virus programs wont kill the virus :(.
What should I do ?

Hawkeye22

Distinguished

Was this message from Microsoft Security Essentials? I'm just asking because we stopped using it at work due to too many viruses/malware getting through. I don't know if the newest version is still having this problem. In this case it appears it does.

jsick7x

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials from the link above and its doing a full scan, already 3 hours in and not even a quarter of the way done :(. Hopefully it kills the virus. If it doesnt kill the virus is it possible to go 2 weeks back in time ?

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
System restore points are based on how much free disk space you have and how much space you have configured system restore to use.

If your restore files were effected by the virus, doing a system restore will not help.

jsick7x

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Well I ran Microsoft security essentials, and it never said it found the virus but the virus isnt showing up anymore. I called TimeWarner and they found the problem. Thanks guys!