Crash Reporting Software

daemondai

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Hey folks,

I'm trying to find a program that can possibly give me a report of what is causing an error on my PC. Unfortunately, the error I'm having is causing the system to freeze completely, so the error reporting software I've seen doesn't pick it up.

The problem I'm having is as follows:

Usually when I'm gaming, but it can happen at other times, the system freezes completely. Anything that was on the screen remains on screen, sound cuts out, the lights on my illuminated keyboard cut out, and I am forced to hard reset the PC. I have attempted unplugging devices to see if it is some kind of driver issue, but replacing headset (which I had heard of people having problems with the G35 that I use), keyboard, mouse do not fix the issue. I've also run a long and thorough (26hr) RAM test to ensure that it isn't memory causing the problem.

System Specs are as follows:

Intel 2600K CPU
ASUS P8Z68-V LE Mobo
2x4Gb G-Skill Ripjaws RAM
ASUS DCII Radeon 6900
CoolerMaster GX750W PSU
2x 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD
1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD

I'm hoping to find the cause of the error without having to replace components to test using trial and error.

Thanks in advance.

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
Crashing during gaming can usually be attributed to a few things, heat, powers supply, and memory. If you are confident in your memory, check for heat next. Use HWMonitor to monitor your CPU and GPU temperatures.

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

The illumintaed keyboard going out sounds like it could possibly be the power supply, but check temps first. Also, if you are overclocking, reset to defaults and see if that helps.

daemondai

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
No overclocking, temps all well within acceptable ranges. I suspect PSU, but I don't really want to buy one without needing to. Which is why if there was some sort of reporting software, I could narrow down exactly what's happening when the freeze occurs. I still have my suspicions that it might be software related.