Retrieving Bookmarks from Windoes.Old

BacHolz

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
I recently had to reinstall Win7 and failed to back up my Firefox bookmarks. I didn't realize how they differed from the old IE Favorites folder which was so simple to manage. I am hoping to salvage these from within my copy of Windows.Old.
I have searched elsewhere and found the responses lacking and often completely off-topic. Some respondents seem more interested in their post count than in carefully reading the question raised.
Hopefully someone can direct me to or provide a description of how to accomplish this.
From this point forward, I will find a way to back up my bookmarks. Lesson learned...

Thanks in advance

Hawkeye22

Distinguished
Bookmarks are stored in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\XXXXXXXX\places.sqlite

In the same folder, you will see a bookmark backups folder. Inside there, you will see backups of your bookmarks that can be imported back into firefox.

Also, from the bookmarks screen, there is a save/load bookmarls option. I've also found firefox's sync to come in handy, even with just one computer. After reinstalling firefox, just use your sync password and it will sysnc your bookmarks, effectively restoring them.

BacHolz

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Thank you for your reply which was correct and similar to other advice I had seen previously. Part of what had me stick in my efforts is that I found that part(s) of the path(s) I needed to locate the needed files were not visible without a folder option change. All is well and thanks again.

Barry