How to download .jar & .tar files onto phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

djv616

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
Hello,
trying to run cell phone spy application but getting "unsupported file type" when i open to run,what are the steps to fix? have samsung t359 phone.

djv616

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
no, you downloand a zip file and the upload to a phone via USB or memory card. I think my issue i need to convert these files into a format compatible with my phone(Samusung T359), my cell provider is T- Mobile. The app vendor gives instructions to have it downloaded & work on whatever type of phone you have.

Here's what they say:

Hello

There are various types of mobiles in which various formats are supported.

For example your phone supports JPEG images or 3gp videos, where as other mobile phone might not support the format which you are trying to preview, so that is the reason you may not be able to view or even get an error message while retrieving the content.

Install the drivers necessary for your cell phone; these should have come with the data link cable on a CD.

Look in the manual that came with your phone to see what file types are supported and then convert the files to one of those.

Use the codes to activate Java on the phone if they are not enabled.

Best regards,

Anita

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know how to install the drivers they refer to and never had a data link cable when i bought the phone, i reviewed my manual and it isn't clear on what file type works for my phone....lastly, where do look to activate Java?

djv616

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012

ok, so i download the driver it says to download, then what? redo all the previous steps?I'm not converting the app itself, just the file type(.jar,.tar) to a format my phone will accept and be able to run the app correctly.

.jar is a java file, you need java to run it. .tar is a compression file format. To convert the apps to something the phone can run you need to work with the app vendor. You can't just say "change this program to this" wave a wand and it's done. If it was a simple text file, sure you can change that to a hundred different formats to read it, a program you need to recompile or re-write for your specific platform.

What you are asking to do is like buying a 5.0 V8 engine for your Honda Civic and asking, so which pipe do I buy to make it fit? Need more than just a simple converter.

insanetroll

Honorable
May 22, 2012

Have you find an answer on to how to make these files work into your samsung phone? I have the same problem and I'm trying to use it on spy software. I've also talked to Anita and I received the same answer you did.
Let me know how you did, please.

insanetroll

Honorable
May 22, 2012

I'm having the same problem you have. Did it finally work? How'd you do it?

Anita gave me the same answer she gave you. I'm struggling with the spy program.

Please let me know!!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.