What can I download to my external drive so I can play videos in kodak easyshare

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan69ter

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
:bounce: After transfering all my pics and video's onto dvd's I manage to get kodak easyshare software to download on my external harddrive. It is gone on my laptop internal harddrive which is what I wanted. The problem, I can add my pictures to my external copy of kodak easyshare but not my video's. How do I download a video player to my external hd and will it then work for me to add my video's or am I just out of luck?

ksiemb

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

Kodak digital cameras record movies in the QuickTime MOV format. The easiest way to play back these files is with Apple's QuickTime software, which is available as a free download from Apple either as a standalone application or as part of the iTunes download.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

jan69ter

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Thank you so much. I downloaded quicktime to my f:drive (external HD) and noticed it was doing something to files on C: drive. When I tried adding pictures to easyshare they were still broken and the message I got was I needed a quicktime update but I had the newest version on F: I finally disconnect my F: and did a quicktime download to c: which came up for repair. Did the repair and everything is working great now. Thanks again especially for the quick reply.

You are a bit confused here. You don't want to install programs on the external drive, you want them on the local computer, which is the C: drive. The external drive you just use to hold the files. And better to use for backup instead of primary storage. So your files on the external drives will be played and viewed using a program installed on the C: drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.