2 monitors, 2 mice, 1 processor

nlrd6925

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
Is it possible to run a separate mouse on each monitor running off the same cpu?
Skyrim on one monitor and Google on the other so I can search for answers while still in the game.
The game is using the XBox controller so how can I free up a mouse to run on the other monitor.
Don't ask me why I want to do this? I've been playing games since DOS

nlrd6925

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010

Multimouse requires 2 computers. Yes I have researched this topic but I'm not having much luck- hence my query to Tom's.
Thanks for the reply. Any other suggestions?

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
probably just disable the mouse in the game and extend your desktop, and use it in the background :O

though i'm not sure that'll work because you're switching active windows...

cl-scott

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
The long and short of it is no, this is not possible. If you think about it, how would the computer handle focus? Meaning, you click on a textbox in order to type in it, and someone with the other mouse clicks somewhere else, how does the computer know to leave the cursor in the text box so you can keep typing?

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
Yes, it would be possible.
It's time someone writes a program to do so.
The program has to have settings for monitor/mouse/keyboard/whatever putting together. For text you could use the onboard grafic and for gaming the PCI-e Card or both PCI-e.
What you will need is enough memory and a processor that can cope (what these days exists), maby the main board too, but I don't see why.
Good question and answer, I was looking for such a software many years ago.
Time to find a programmer I guess how is willing to create it, lot of money in it.