Top Ad Blockers of 2011

agpbiohazard

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Well folks, another year has come and gone, and I think it's time for a general population consensus from the every-day power user like yourself!

What, in your opinion, is (or are) the top ad blockers of 2011? I'd love to know what you used, what you found to be useful/effective, etc.

I'll start.

I've used Ad muncher in combination with Adblock Plus (Firefox extension), and never had a problem. I'm sure one is capable of handling all adds but I use double protection, just in case ;)

So what do you guys use? Free programs or paid programs? Let's hear it :)

nikorr

Distinguished

Or u can exempt them from being blocked : )

Agree with Adblock Plus + No script!

And for the non extension, the best is Ad Muncher!

agpbiohazard

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
An Ad blocker is software that you install on your computer for the purpose of blocking ads, popups, or other annoying scripts.

For example, if you visit a video hosting site such as youtube, you may get advertisements on the page or in the video. With a good ad blocker, these do not show up.

As discussed in this thread, the best choices based on a few people's opinions seem to be Adblock plus, Ad Muncher and NoScript.

Please use a search engine such as google.com to search for more information on these programs and how to install them.

nasir70

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012

Thanks alot for your guidance.