Blu-Ray to MP4 - NOT WHAT HANDBRAKE DOES

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajsharma714

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
Hello,

Is there a program that will take a ripped Blu-Ray movie and output it has a MP4 file without encoding it?

I currently use MakeMKV, but I would like to know if there is a program that does the same thing as MakeMKV does but for MP4.

Thanks!

rajsharma714

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011

Thanks for your reply. Handbrake is an encoder. I would like a transcoder which will convert a blu-ray file into an MP4 without encoding the file.

nikorr

Distinguished
What´s the difference between decoding, encoding, recoding and transcoding?

Transcoding
Conversion of a video file which is present in a special format into another video format (e.g. DivX in DVD or MPEG-2 in DivX,…).

Recoding
Conversion of a video file which is present in a special format with special attributes in the same format with different attributes (e.g. 2 h movie with 3000 Kbit/s into 2 h movie with 2000 Kbit/s).

Encoding
Creating a video file in a special format (e.g. DivX, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, ...) - You´ll need a DivX Encoder in order to be able to create DivX files and a MPEG-2 Encoder in order to be able to create MPEG-2 videos. You´ll need these encoders for transcoding and recoding video files as well.

Decoding
Simply opening and watching video files with a video player (e.g. a DivX decoder for opening DivX files or a MPEG-1 Decoder for opening a MPEG-1 video file).

rajsharma714

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011

Hmm I guess I am confused about the terminology then. I have used Handbrake before and it just takes forever and it shrinks the file size and etc. I really don't care for that since HDD space is not an issue. I was just looking for a program like MakeMKV but instead of making the file container MKV, I would like it to be MP4.

Any suggestions?

nikorr

Distinguished

First,

OK, what is your CPU?

nikorr

Distinguished

U can select MP4
20111027191017.gif

rajsharma714

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011

Well I am not looking for a software like Handbrake. I am look for more of a software like MakeMKV.

Any suggestions on that? MakeMKV doesn't do anything really exact for put the blu-ray file into a MKV container without any transcoding. Again, I apologize for my confusion in transcoding and encoding.

rajsharma714

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011

I don't have anything against MKV. All the movies in the collection are MKV. I just want to do a little experiment with a MP4 file with Windows Media Center, XBOX, and PS3.

ty2010

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

MKV is a media container that you can basically shove any stream made with any codec into(such as mpeg2 streams from blueray), like avi but even more flexible.
MP4 on the other hand is a specific playback format, video must be mpeg4, either mp4v or part 10. Audio must be aac or ac3, sometimes mp3 will work but not always.

Status
Not open for further replies.