Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
can google chrome run java? java won't work for me. firefox shuts my system down randomly. don't like IE.

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
i figured your link would work when i saw it...did the same thing though. said i already had it installed. (even though this one was specifically for chrome..) *shrug*

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
well as soon as i did a google search on it, apparently a lot of other people have the same problem. i saw a lot of people just say "im going back to firefox" or some such. most of those posts were dated 2009ish, so i figured maybe there was new info. i have a web page asking me to enable java, and then i see chrome doesn't do java. so that is where i'm at.

nikorr

Distinguished
Post more info on your problem and explain exactly when and what happen. Post your OS...

To find a solution, u need to identify the problem first. We know only what u wrote in the post. Nothing more. And from this point of view, it could be anything.

We don't even know what OS do u have...

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
dude i have probably forgotten more about computers than you ever have known in your life. this is obviously a broad reaching problem that many users have had, i was hoping to find one such person on here to give me the down low. if you type "chrome java problems", you will see it has effected users of all configurations.

Yes it can. Since you want to keep your exact issue secret, that's about all the answer you can get till you reply with what web site, what exacty happens, and so on.

Do you know why that site wants to run a java applet? Is the site even compatible with Chrome? Is that the only site that does not work?

Frizzo

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2010
this is apparently google's big nasty secret. their multi-billion dollar mega company, cannot find a programmer to streamline java into their browser. they even have a link on www.google.com where they are begging to hire people who can do this...almost un-believable.

justjohn5

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
google chrome does not support java. I had the same exact problem trying to use java on chrome. I use chrome for everything, but when it comes to running a java application, I use internet explorer.