What's wrong with my google chrome?

hadisami8

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
For some annoying reason whenever I go on google chrome , im aksed if i want the following program to make changes to my computer. I click yes but every time i click on google i'm asked this. Ive asked some people and they said it was a virus but i don't believe it is. Firstly because i just got this laptop and i keep on the clean websites. Second of all of have i a anti-virus (vipre) and ive preformed a scan and no viruses where found.

The thing is i dont want to turn off these notifications because what if something is trying to install and i cant let it etc.thanks

hadisami8

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
It says that its google chrome trying to make changes and its saying the file origin is from my hard drive.

Also have windows firewall , is it good? It dosent seem to be doing anything but i guess that necessarily isnt a bad thing , right?

nikorr

Distinguished
I have Comodo since I can remember, and never had a problem. I do install it without the AV and turn off Defense+Security level and it is set to the safe level.

hadisami8

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2011
thanks , do you ive re-installed comodo. Do you have any settings preferences that might help me? also on my mum's computer she has AVG firewall. Now theres this link on google and on my mum's computer there is a red sign next to it saying its a risky site. Now when i was about to go onto the link using comodo there was no warning about the sites security.

Also , sorry if its a dumbass question , but what is the difference between a anti-virus and a firewall and is vipre a good antivirus?

nikorr

Distinguished

U are not running multiple FW's and AV's on one PC? Are u? If yes, its not good.

nikorr

Distinguished

Look, it is about user, not about AV. Some AV are faster with updates than others, but when people have disabled updates, even the best might get infected.

Than u have a performance. Read it here Do Antivirus Suites Impact Your PC's Performance?

And level of "paranoia", all kind of alerts that u don't need to see. Kaspersky has the perfect settings for alerts, so u don't have to be bothered by it.

And ease of use is 1 key point for me. AV's, just like cars, will get u to the same point, but quality of the ride is not the same.

Its all personal preference. Its good to try a few of them. I recently discovered GDATA and tried it and love it. I know that because I did try .

try that Comodo firewall, it comes with Antivirus, Firewall + Proactive Security. Its a great combo. If u don't like that, disable the AV.
20111105132839.jpg

20111105133005.jpg