Blu-rays won't play through HDCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

heimanotareleesti

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
Hi

What I know so far, is that the reason isn't catalyst setting for pixel format, neither is it the drivers for graphics card, or could be the drivers. Display is hdcp compliant hp 2311x, at least if googled it tells in many places that it hdcp compliant. I have tried powerdvd, arcsoft player. Some hdcp compliancy error comes. I have guessed whether it could be this hdmi cable but after all, it has gold-plated connectors and should be ok cable even though was quite cheap. German-made silvercrest cable from Lidl.

I have gotten this working with anydvd, but as you know, the quality is not THE BEST with that app.

Could it just be some settings in Catalyst?

Yes, graphics card is xfx hd 5870 and other components also very good. I got this powerdvd, we have chatted many messages with one person from powerdvd/cyberlink and he/she told that the reason is some rgboverlay. Is I said, i have tried those different pixel formats.. What I was saying is that I got this powerdvd bundled with lg bd-drive so that's the program I would first like to get working.

I'm waiting for responses,
thanks

heimanotareleesti

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
No I haven't tried, should I buy one? Could it be the solution? I can buy that cable, but what does happen when I connect with that cable? Will hdcp be active then also? Anyway picture quality is not as good then, but what if it works, what does it tell? Does it tell anything? :??: Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.