Cant download java because of connection settings help

rascal66

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Hello,
I cannot download Java because every time I try it gives me the message saying how it can't install with the current Internet settings. I've tried disabling my Proxy, and even tried to install the offline version but nothing works. Please help?

ksiemb

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

You didn't say which browser. If IE, go to tools, internet options, advanced tab, and click the reset button, close browser, then start browser and try the download.

rascal66

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011

I'm sorry! No I use Firefox. Is the browser the reason why it's not working?

rascal66

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011

It doesn't work. Every time I try, it tells me the Installation has failed and was interrupted before it could finish.

Thanks though.

starzty

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Huh. Use Chrome? I think java can install without an executable. Did you remove the older versions first? You might check your registry for leftover entries as well. The only other idea I have is to run a chkdsk to see if the drive is alright.
If you are running Symantec SEP there is one other possibility but it's not worth mentioning if you arent

aford10

Distinguished
If the download is what's failing, the previous version isn't the issue.

If you've already made sure to disable any proxy setting, then that's not the issue (assuming you're not using a proxy server).

You can try downloading it from safe mode with networking. If that works, you should run through the malware guide in my signature.