Delaying internet radio

rpd1146

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2011
Hello,
I have seen many queries about delaying internet radio streams for a few seconds to synchronise it with video braodcasts, but nothing on what I am seeking. I wish to stream internet radio from a different time zone and add a delay (in hours) to time shift my listening.
For me, this is a 24/7 application using a circulating disk buffer so that when I choose to listen I can for example listen to the breakfast show at breakfast time.
Does anyone know if anyone markets such an application. Failing that, can anyone point me to the code for an open source internet radio receiver that I could modify to insert a circulating buffer to acheive what I want.

Regards, Paul Dixon

b-ry

Honorable
Apr 14, 2012
I've been looking for the same, but without any luck. Yet.

I've got a working solution for two radio shows in Holland which are broadcasted from 6 am - 10 am and from 10 am - 12 pm. The timezome at my current location is 6 hours earlier or later. Erhm. GMT -4 without DST. I got an audiostream running at home providing me with music I like,.
1. I record the streams (scheduled) from 0.00 - 4.00 and from 4.00 - 6.00 with Net Transport.
2. At 4:05 the first record is then converted to .mp3 with AudioCommander (due to compatibility issues with the player which doesn't play .asf) which won't take longer than 20 minutes. Audiocommander is one of the few converters that can run from command line, so it's possible to create a scheduled task.
3. At 6.00 the program SAM Broadcaster adds the first show to the queue and starts it.
4. At 6:30 my alarm clock at my phone (TuneIn app) starts that stream and so I wake up with my favorite show!

Same happens again at 6.05 (convert) and 9.58 (add). It has been working for months this way. Now I want to try if it's possible to delay the whole station permanently by doing it this way, since there doesn't seem to be a simpler solution. It's quit a project, but I'm very happy with it!
Other solution is simply to record the shows, and start, pause or skip through them whenever you want.

Regards,

Bryan