2 users on one computer

deanm007

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2011
I am an options trader. The software I am using only works on windows and does not allow dual logins. I am trying to get two people working on the same computer with two different mouse and keyboard. One person will enter buy orders and the other will enter sell orders for the same account using the same software. Their actions must be independent. For example, when one person is selling, the other person should be able to use his mouse and keyboard to view quotes or place trades. Currently in my windows xp, this is not allowed as only one window is active at a time. Is there any operating system out there that allows multiple active windows for multiple users on the same computer? I can probably run this windows software with Wine on other operating systems.

I am not asking for multiple logins. I only want to be able to use a separate mouse and keyboard on one computer and one monitor without the limitations of one active window at a time.

thanks

PhilFrisbie

Distinguished
With the restriction of a single login it cannot be done. Even on a Linux/Unix system you can only have one user per screen, or at least, one active window per screen.

You will just need to purchase a second copy of the software for a second computer.