How to use Partition Table Doctor?

gamefreak94

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Greetings all,
Recently, i was using the trial version of Acronis True Image 2009 to backup one my partitions, but it said I couldn't proceed with the operation and for some reason it corrupted the entire partition in which I was trying to save the image (this was pretty irrelevant but I still thought it might be worth mentioning). Anyway, I can still see the partition in My Computer, but none of the details such as total size and free space show up, and when I attempt to open it, Windows says it cannot proceed without formatting the partition. That partition was 500GB large and has A LOT of my important data so I really want to recover it.

I installed EASEUS Partition Recovery, and the inaccessible partition shows up as a perfectly normal partition in it (I can see the volume label, total size, free space, everything). Basically it doesn't find anything wrong with it so it doesn't give me the option to recover or fix anything.

Then I moved onto Partition Doctor, again, it appears to show the partition as perfectly healthy and I can even browse the contents of the partition using the "Browse" option within it.

So I wanted to know (since I'm totally new to all this): Should I proceed with the "Repair partition table" option, or should I do something else? Basically I need some guidance as to how I should use Partition Doctor to help me fix my problem.

P.S. The Disk Management tool that comes with XP also shows the partition as "healthy", but fails to detect how much free space is within it and other details. I'm pretty sure all my data is still there, but somehow Acronis has made it in accessible.

Thanks in advance.